Good apps for the iphone ?

RobStubbs

After months of looking, and failing to find, a decent phone that had the bit's I wanted, I have finally relented and gone for the iphone (I really didn't want to go 'touch screen'). Having got it, I'm on the hunt for some decent apps, or any comprehensive website that lists and reviews them.

I am also wondering if anyone uses 'handbrake' ? I've downloaded it to copy dvd's to the phone, and wandered if anyone had any comments, good or bad... ?

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi Rob

Not got an I Phone, but if I did I'd just have to have this.

Software is from NASA and is FREE :)

3D Sun for iPhone

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i got a nice tidal predictor for my old palm zire ,now i can see what the tides doing in folkestone on my watch and pda :D not sure ipods /iphones are much good on our system ? my sister says its bloody slow to do anything on some apps

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i got a nice tidal predictor for my old palm zire ,now i can see what the tides doing in folkestone on my watch and pda :D not sure ipods /iphones are much good on our system ? my sister says its bloody slow to do anything on some apps
Check out tideApp chesters. Not only for the ipod and Iphone, they coave Android phones, there is a web based version, MacOS X gadget, Windows Vista/Windows 7 gadget and even a version for the Blackberry. Andi its FREE :)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Check out tideApp chesters. Not only for the ipod and Iphone, they coave Android phones, there is a web based version, MacOS X gadget, Windows Vista/Windows 7 gadget and even a version for the Blackberry. Andi its FREE :)

For a pc, the tide gadget from whitenuckle welding is good

http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/0,39100207,39272880s,00.htm

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I like these:

Fuel consumption thing - AccuFuel

app004.png

Guitar tuner & chord and scale library - supports 6 string, 12 string, bass guitar, standard and alternate tunings GuitarToolkit

app003.png

Remote desktop client Remote Lite (OK, I don't actually use this very much, but it's cool that I can...)

app002.png

Bike speedo / GPS mapper - lets you record your bike trips, upload them and then view them superimposed on a google map, with things like speed profile, etc.

TheBikeComputer

app.png

Dynolicious - Accelerometer based car performance meter

app001.png

ALL well and good BUT why do I have to download the HUGE i-tune application just to download a two bit application???? I don't want to and so cannot get ANY of the bloody APPS!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

ALL well and good BUT why do I have to download the HUGE i-tune application just to download a two bit application???? I don't want to and so cannot get ANY of the bloody APPS!!!

Dunno, and don't know if there's any way around that. One thing I've to do is to download artwork for albums I have, but I'll try copying some more and see if it resolves it doing so using itunes.

Rob.

Don't care about that, kind of goes with the territory - did care about having to change my mail client to one that plays nice with iTunes sync - Macintosh forced me to install Microsoft Outlook!

(By the way, I can buy apps directly from my phone - click the App Store logo on your iPhone and you should be able to buy apps that way. They won't be backed up to your PC without iTunes, though)

Don't care about that, kind of goes with the territory - did care about having to change my mail client to one that plays nice with iTunes sync - Macintosh forced me to install Microsoft Outlook!

(By the way, I can buy apps directly from my phone - click the App Store logo on your iPhone and you should be able to buy apps that way. They won't be backed up to your PC without iTunes, though)

They will be when you sync the phone mate, you will aslo get your updates as well!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!