Soreen

Andy Macfarlane

Has anyone tried 'Soreen' Fruity Malt Loaf, as a hookbait?? If you haven't eaten it yourself, it's a really heavy, dark brown, malt loaf with raisins etc. in it. It's really sweet, syrupy, dense and other than being really tasty stuff, it would stay on the cast no problem. I think you could pinch a flake on the hook and give it a full on cast with a properly heavy setup. I think it would do many things that bread can't.

My local shop is doing 2 for £1.50 at the moment.

Soreen-malt-loaf-006.jpg

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

They're two for £1.00 here!

They've also caught me the best roach ever. Well worth a try, if you can resist eating them first.

Janet

I used to eat a full one without butter for a snack with a pint of milk to wash it down but they've gone crap now. The ingreedients don't look the same and they're always dried out....you'd need three pints of milk to wash one down now. I reckon you could build a wall with em, infact they look like a dried cow pat if you squash em !

UURRRRKKKKK utterly vile cant stand the stuff hated it since I was a kid and another similar product of the devil Harvo! :nono: :nono:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

UURRRRKKKKK utterly vile cant stand the stuff hated it since I was a kid and another similar product of the devil Harvo! :nono: :nono:

There is no way it would get used as bait - I'd scoff the lot. Preferably with butter so thick you leave teeth marks in it.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

There is no way it would get used as bait - I'd scoff the lot. Preferably with butter so thick you leave teeth marks in it.

I have to agree there. While it is an interesting one to use it as bait it just wouldnt happen. The only thing it would catch is a 196lb white male!

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I can hear my arteries alarms clanging... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

But for fishing yes I use it and raisins for Tench, Bream and Roach...never had a chub on it though.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I did say to Andy that nothing is original in fishing and someone would have tried it before. Well, I'll have to give it a bash then and see what happens....if I don't eat it first myself.

I have to agree with Arbocop's taste in Soreen. A good lashing of butter and a cuppa coffee. Can't be good for you but nothing ever is.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I did say to Andy that nothing is original in fishing and someone would have tried it before. Well, I'll have to give it a bash then and see what happens....if I don't eat it first myself.

I have to agree with Arbocop's taste in Soreen. A good lashing of butter and a cuppa coffee. Can't be good for you but nothing ever is.

Well I know 2 things I have often wondered about for bait but never tried them Marmite and Vegemite but I bet there are many on here who have...wait a mo I just thought of another mini fairy cakes

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God