if you could be any angler

chesters1

I have to say I'm happy being me, but as some have mentioned the're angling heros ican can add to this thread. My ultimate angling hero has to be my dad. Without him taking me out, teaching and encorouging me to fish i wouldn't be having half as much fun as i do today.

thanks dad

I think maybe I want to be a combination between Dino Bassy(I'm not sure for spelling)on of the legend in bleakfishing,Bob Nudd admittedly and Alan Scothorne.This anglers is my teachers in fishing art.

[ 28 March 2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Antoni ]

The one angler that was a legend during my teenage years on the canal match circuit... maybe not a favourite of many on this site though...

Billy Makin

Not only was he a master at what he did, but one of the few people to make a very succesful living from angling.

my boyhood hero was Ivan Marks.

I got pegged next to him in the Broads Championship in 1972/3, the fishing was appalling(for both of us)so i spent half of the match sat on the grass next to him talking about match fishing.i blanked & he got one gudgeon if i remember rightly :D

It would be interesting to be one of the youngsters, such as Terry Hearn or Fred Guttfield.

All that knowledge already, and so many years to build on it.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

gary foster

i mirror you words, exept it was my uncle john, great man, fine angler.

i wouldnt mind having the feeling and enjoyment my kids are having at the moment though, fishing barmy they are.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I don't think I would like to be anyone else. I would like to fish more, but then again I have a family and like spending time with them also.

During the close season I usually fish once or maybe twice a month which just keeps the withdrawl symptons at bay.

D