if you could be any angler

chesters1

if you could be any angler in history who would it be? mine would be billy lane his knowledge of floatfishing was unsurpassed a true legend ,a young boys hero.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

it also used to be ray mumford (the bleak king)

but i fished next to him in the kent championships and he caught just as much as me (nought) :( dream shattered.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm - tricky question. I don't really have any 'old' angling heroes as such because I've only been at it 20 years. So it would have to be a combination of modern-ish anglers. Bob Nudd because he's been at the top for so long but he doesn't appear to have let it get to him. John Wilson for the places he's been and fished. Dave Harrell for his river ability. Alan Wilson for his ability to catch big fish consistently - and what a way to go! Chris Yates - for being Chris Yates!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

There are loads of anglers that I admire greatly, but most of them are dead, so I wouldn't want to be one of them!

To be honest, I'm happy to be the angler that I am. I derive a great deal of happiness from it. I've had far more success than I really deserve.

If I were able to go fishing with a hero, alive or dead, it would have to be a day with Dennis Pye. I fished with him as a kid, not knowing just what a legand he was, or how lucky I was. I would like to go back & this time learn, take advantage of the opportunity, rather than just tagging along & enjoying myself.

Hi.

Dunno who I would be, but I would not mind Matt Hayes' job, or John Wilsons, or Paul Youngs. What a life, getting to go all over the world being paid to go fishing. Did'nt have telly in Isaacs day though.

Adrian

Very happy to just be me.

The US "names" all have to work way too hard at their fishing as they do it for a living. Afraid I just wouldn't enjoy that sort of pressure.

The stories make it sound as if Mr. Walton had himself lots of fun but the average life span back then was less than 40 so if I were him, I'd be dead for nearly 20 years so I'll pass on that one. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President