EU to ban selling eggs by the dozen

wildcard

Here too. and in other E.U countries i travel around.

We also buy our television screens measured in "pulgadas" (inches)........Its just more scaremongering fiction from the tacky tabloids.

Its a shame that so many in England are manipulated by them.Just look at some of the comments after the "article"..........so many of them belive every word. :lol::lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We buy eggs by the dozen and by the half dozen in France, I am sure that the practise is common in many EU countries.

Anyone know why multiples of six (or twelve) came to be considered the optimum unit of measurement for eggs? They use it in the US as well, I believe, as well as in mainland Europe. How about Asia, I wonder?

Anyone know why multiples of six (or twelve) came to be considered the optimum unit of measurement for eggs? They use it in the US as well, I believe, as well as in mainland Europe. How about Asia, I wonder?
Counting in base 12 goes back at least as far as the Sumerians.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Now we'll see what David Cameron is made of. This is obviously an EU "shot across the bows". If he doesn't stand up to them now and not give an inch (in any sense of the word) we are stuffed.
Methinks David Cameron has more important things on his plate than whether we buy eggs in dozens or grams. It's a stupid story, in a stupid publication.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

If you belive stories like this........you shouldnt be allowed out on your own to the shops anyway.
Aww c'mon Dave, it must be true, it was in the Daily Mail.

Youtube Video ->
Edited by corydoras

Aww c'mon Dave, it must be true, it was in the Daily Mail.

Youtube Video ->

It used to be said of the 'Sun' newspaper, that tits bought it and tits sold it, and the only 2 things that were accurate were the date and the price.

And then comes the dail mail...

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

dont poo poo anything ,there are directives in force but its the UK that will put them in force or be forced to .theres a new directive every 3 hours and theres few the UK can stop (despite the ridicule about newspapers headlines) remember the EU is based on Napoleon law which means everything is illegal unless stipulated legal by legislation so the directives in the main just put in print things that are already illegal anyway ,we operate the opposite method where everything is legal unless deemed illegal thats where we clash.

if labour hadnt sucked up to the EU then perhaps we could stand up to them but its far to late now ,we will retain a few old standards deemed to be "brit" but the carpets been pulled out from under us so it will just be a token stand.

our enemies have just to burst into the top floor of the keep and england will fall and hitlers european state (egged on by the french puppets) will be in place.

Scotland is more European historically and wales doesnt exist so its up to england once more to shove eu laws up their jacksies ,i can only hope i live long enough to see it.

listening to an angler yesterday talking about immigration it came to mind when brits go abroad to escape perhaps they are regarded in the same way as some do about foreigners here but stricter rules or betters manners stop the foreigners voicing it ,i expect the brit ghettos in spain are a great talking point for the locals.Everyone who moves from here takes up a house a local son or daughter could have had abroad so dont get complacent johnie foreigner like you just because he's polite

i do my bit not going abroad and annoying locals its a pity poxy foreigners dont do the same to me.next door had a party yesterday and above the rhubarb rhubarb was a bloody yank? whose voice was bloody annoying in its loudness why the fook do i need these annoyances i dont even know the bloke never mind annoyed him.

he whined and clicked so loudly i had to turn up the telly and her garden is 50 feet away :angry:

now the chap my not be louder than the rest but different so it sticks out ,i have great sympathy for foreigners who put up with their foreign immigrants from here ,better everyone went home and stayed home IMHO

this maybe the directive in question but as i say one every 3 hours is a mound to look through then ofcourse theres the amendments to cloud the issues.

Weight yes it will be on the pack but i couldnt find the bit where the quantity is removed!

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/con...g/l32029_en.htm

now number is a pretty obscure method of labelling a product unless the contents are 100% identical (such as drinking glasses) so in the case of eggs weight will become the prominent indicator ,saying "six large eggs" is a bit shakey ,good enough for you or me but not for our EU fuhrers ,what is large to fred could be medium to harry therefore the EU directive and its weight will no doubt be implemented (with ofcourse the number hidden somewhere to show were standing up to these idiots) .

some poo pood the bent banana directive until i discovered it and posted it proving just because it does get a headline in a crap newspaper does not mean it isnt true ;) directive differ from implementing them the more we get into europe the less we can not implement so the day will come!

the gov shake their heads and say its europes fault then put the directive in place but ofcourse it tends to be just us the frogs just ignore anything they dont like so dont blame europe our gov is just as much to blame ass licking those rsoles

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I still buy and eat bent bananas..........................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

dont poo poo anything ,there are directives in force but its the UK that will put them in force or be forced to .theres a new directive every 3 hours and theres few the UK can stop (despite the ridicule about newspapers headlines) remember the EU is based on Napoleon law which means everything is illegal unless stipulated legal by legislation so the directives in the main just put in print things that are already illegal anyway ,we operate the opposite method where everything is legal unless deemed illegal thats where we clash.

if labour hadnt sucked up to the EU then perhaps we could stand up to them but its far to late now ,we will retain a few old standards deemed to be "brit" but the carpets been pulled out from under us so it will just be a token stand.

our enemies have just to burst into the top floor of the keep and england will fall and hitlers european state (egged on by the french puppets) will be in place.

Scotland is more European historically and wales doesnt exist so its up to england once more to shove eu laws up their jacksies ,i can only hope i live long enough to see it.

listening to an angler yesterday talking about immigration it came to mind when brits go abroad to escape perhaps they are regarded in the same way as some do about foreigners here but stricter rules or betters manners stop the foreigners voicing it ,i expect the brit ghettos in spain are a great talking point for the locals.Everyone who moves from here takes up a house a local son or daughter could have had abroad so dont get complacent johnie foreigner like you just because he's polite

i do my bit not going abroad and annoying locals its a pity poxy foreigners dont do the same to me.next door had a party yesterday and above the rhubarb rhubarb was a bloody yank? whose voice was bloody annoying in its loudness why the fook do i need these annoyances i dont even know the bloke never mind annoyed him.

he whined and clicked so loudly i had to turn up the telly and her garden is 50 feet away :angry:

now the chap my not be louder than the rest but different so it sticks out ,i have great sympathy for foreigners who put up with their foreign immigrants from here ,better everyone went home and stayed home IMHO

this maybe the directive in question but as i say one every 3 hours is a mound to look through then ofcourse theres the amendments to cloud the issues.

Weight yes it will be on the pack but i couldnt find the bit where the quantity is removed!

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/con...g/l32029_en.htm

now number is a pretty obscure method of labelling a product unless the contents are 100% identical (such as drinking glasses) so in the case of eggs weight will become the prominent indicator ,saying "six large eggs" is a bit shakey ,good enough for you or me but not for our EU fuhrers ,what is large to fred could be medium to harry therefore the EU directive and its weight will no doubt be implemented (with ofcourse the number hidden somewhere to show were standing up to these idiots) .

some poo pood the bent banana directive until i discovered it and posted it proving just because it does get a headline in a crap newspaper does not mean it isnt true ;) directive differ from implementing them the more we get into europe the less we can not implement so the day will come!

the gov shake their heads and say its europes fault then put the directive in place but ofcourse it tends to be just us the frogs just ignore anything they dont like so dont blame europe our gov is just as much to blame ass licking those rsoles

Pfft, don't blame the EU. Those poxy mandarins in Whitehall just love to take a EU directive, gild it, add their own bits on and turn it into legislation and we are particularly good at voting in Councils who make sure that every jot and tittle is implemented and the system policed. don't blame the other EU countries for playing lip service, blame your own numb nuts for their implementation.

Your enemy is not in Brussels or Luxembourg, they are in Westminster, Whitehall and your local council offices.

as i mentioned in the last paragraph :D

but the EU is the greater threat on all of us aided and of course abetted by our shower and their electors.

trouble with the EU is the directive makers are unelected and unaccountable we on the otherhand can get a fresh influx of EU ass lickers at every UK election

saw some EU sceptic euro mps on telly talking yesterday ! TALKING they should be undermining ,revealing and putting bombs under opponents cars ,all they do is mumble but take the same perks they are suppose to find abhorrent.

trouble is we didnt ethnically cleanse europe as we ousted the germans then ethnically cleansed them on getting to berlin we just left a lot of english haters in charge to cause trouble from then on,rather than take england by force they are cleverly removing it from the map behind our backs

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson