CALLS FOR PROTECTION OF FISH STOCKS GROW LOUDER AS POPULARITY OF SEA ANGLING SOARS

Just a couple of points regarding this news release, i see that the E A are trying to mustle in on the sea angling scene What do they know about angling apart from being complicit in arranging worthless restictions. That brings me nicely on to the next point. As they are unelected and choose to be complicit in arranging worthless restrictions how dare this guy from the A T even suggest that they rep all angling and they are the governers. Left wondering how many foul hooked eel are being released back dead from the reports of captures in the lower thames because of their complicity. B)

John Amery, chairman of the marine committee of the Angling Trust, the governing and representative body for all angling (not if i can help it)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

how dare this guy from the A T even suggest that they rep all angling and they are the governers. B)

John Amery, chairman of the marine committee of the Angling Trust, the governing and representative body for all angling (not if i can help it)

Quite right Barry the man is suffering from delusions of grandeur :P

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

If I may, Barry......

It should be, John "I'm not interested in Article 47" Amery, acting chairman of the marine committee of the Angling Trust, the 'governing', 'representative' and manipulative body for all angling (not if i can help it)

I shall never forget him snarling across the table when presenting my breakdown of implications of the disastrous EU document. There was much more pressing matters to be getting on with, namely the old NFSA specimen award scheme!!!

Back to the press release.

It is remarkable how there has been an apparent growth in the sport, pastime, what have you, when only the other week the AT were buttering up Richard Benyon with tales of decimation in the RSA sector.

Check this garbage out.....

Email today to Richard Benyon, Fisheries Minister;

Hello again Richard

You recently gave an answer in Parliament on Inshore Fisheries Management which has caused a little upset in our community.

A previous Conservative Fisheries Minister, John Gummer, said in November 2001; "I was never able to press for the necessary conservation measures at National and EU level, due to the nations 'emotional attachment' to

fishermen. The Industry has too much political clout .The lawn mowing industry employs more people but does not have four ministries, England, N.Ireland, Wales and Scotland."

In other words, fishermen exerted too much control. Passing more control over to the foxes won't assist in managing the hen house.

When the inshore fleet runs out of quota species it simply moves effort to non quota species and starts to decimate their numbers to the detriment of other stakeholders and fish stocks.

I was about to give evidence to a joint committee on the Marine Bill when the speakers before me were asked, "Does the commercial fleet fish sustainably?"

They, from the commercial sector, answered, "Yes." and went into a long diatribe blaming everything other than effort by themselves for the decline in fish stocks. As near ago as the 1970s nearly every harbour I

visited had a fleet of under tens, some larger vessels and a massive fleet of small boats servicing the recreational angling and diving market. On average there were at least 15 boats per port, going out

seven days a week with a minimum of four anglers on board and generally six or eight. Each boat had a skipper and a crewman to assist the anglers. We needed to book months in advance to secure good tides and

the boats we wanted.

If you visit those same ports today there are fewer under tens, hardly any larger vessels and perhaps five charter boats going out at weekends with the occasional midweek trip planned. Average anglers per week in

1970 per port 630, average anglers per port per week now 60. The average trip in 1970 cost me £45.00, that is £28,350 a week, plus the money I spent locally on accommodation, breakfast, parking, bait, tackle and

beer. Average trip today costs £100 which is £6000, a shortfall in community earnings of £22,350 a week, that is over a million a year per port being lost on the backs of the greed of commercial fishermen and the

"sustainable" way they fish, just to the boatmen.

Anglers stay away from coastal communities when there are no fish worth catching for them to take. You only have to watch the beaches to know that when there are fish out there the anglers return in numbers. We

could yet go back to the days of decent catches for anglers of species which then were of no interest to the commercials and which had no value to them, but which are now exploited because they have taken everything

else out.

Looking forward to our meeting with you, when perhaps we can explore some of these issues more fully.

Mike

Michael Heylin

Chairman

Angling Trust

The Voice of Angling

I was gobsmacked when I read it!

Unbelievable!! On so many counts.

First of all, that letter is complete and utter garbage. I'd like to see Mike Heylin substantiate some of the rubbish he's written there. Most of his claims don't stack up.

Second, how dare the Angling Trust send letters like that to the fisheries minister on behalf of all sea anglers, without even telling them they are doing so or consulting with them beforehand. When he reads that, the new Minister is going to think that all sea anglers are buffoons.

Third, how can the Angling Trust send such a letter to the Minister, telling him what a bad way sea angling is in and how the sport has been decimated along with fish stocks, only to send out a completely contradictory press release a few weeks later! It is almost beyond belief and a major embarrassment to the Angling Trust. The trouble is, because they claim to be the voice for all angling, they have embarrassed all of us.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

The voice of angling? You've got to be joking.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Afternoon Bob, Wayne and Steve. :D Abosulute load of cods as usual. Thanks for linking us to more A T poo Wayne. I did do an email to the A T addressing it to this amery geezer on the last release, done a full page of asking him to justify his position over the rsa, questioning the at's mantra when all they have achieved for the rsa is restrictions. Pointing out the waste of space mcz project,

When i was about to post it the screen went blank and i 'kin' lost it all, gutted. Can't wait to get yet another proper computer sorted out instead of these toy like laptops. Forgot i sent a letter, not an email to the new fisheries minister, all i got was a reply from defra. I can't have a go at him at present until i can retrieve my actual letter back from my broken machine. He ain't heard the last of it yet.

Now i think i will do another email, this time head it to both amery and haylin to point out that they are an embarresment and liken it to a big wart on the backs of the rsa. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I'm not a member of the Angling Trust.

I'm a relatively inexperienced RSA with growing experience of sea angling and a not inconsiderable experience in angling and, an increasing knowledge of angling politics. I live inland as a lot of you know and all of a sudden I've become very frightened by the 'political rhetoric' spouted as angling fact.

I spend my sea angling money on skippers that know the waters, they know the pubs, they have knowledge of the tackle nd baits to use on the tides etc. That is what angling is about. I've spent decades fishing coarse and game on good rivers and learning watercraft. The charter skippers sell that same experience to earn a living and supply a good angling experience.

There is no need for 'funny blokes' to undermine these guys' living or, the bonuses that end up in the community.

I won't be a member of the angling trust.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

News Release From The Angling Trust

Click here to view the full article

Its all getting a bit desperate by the look of it.

Banging on with the same old same nonsense: No serious biology, no attempt to connect with with the parts of the UK population that actually do serious fisheries that affect fish stocks - just another call to arms too the rich and vocal who want their perfect lawn and will get into bed with anyone to get there. Having been brought up to think a lawn should look like a cricket pitch and assuming the legislators should back em up, they later decide " their olds "were wrong and it should in fact be a "wild area". The further these people are kept from anything to do with fish stocks (unless you are of the opinion we should not eat or trade fish) then the better as I understand it atm.

Its just one persons opinion ;):)

Chris

News Release From The Angling Trust

Click here to view the full article

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

If I may, Barry......

It should be, John "I'm not interested in Article 47" Amery, acting chairman of the marine committee of the Angling Trust, the 'governing', 'representative' and manipulative body for all angling (not if i can help it)

I shall never forget him snarling across the table when presenting my breakdown of implications of the disastrous EU document. There was much more pressing matters to be getting on with, namely the old NFSA specimen award scheme!!!

Back to the press release.

It is remarkable how there has been an apparent growth in the sport, pastime, what have you, when only the other week the AT were buttering up Richard Benyon with tales of decimation in the RSA sector.

Check this garbage out.....

I was gobsmacked when I read it!

What sort of an idiot is this guy, spouting fantasy figures that he knows nothing about?

I've been sea angling now for nearly 40 years and have never paid anything like £100 for a day out on a charter, I can ring a local skipper even now, and get a day's fishing for £35.

And as for the phalacy that he represents the angling fraternity, he really needs to do some serious research/homework and get his facts half right before spouting his drivel.

But on the same note, wasn't it Alan Yates of Sea Angler that thought the Sea License was a good idea?

Talk about a stealth tax,

Thanks guy's for the post, it keeps us in the loop when it comes to sustaining our sport.

Regards Micky. :o

E. A. Ha Ha What a fat,bloated over funded quango. One of the 1st to feel the full weight of the cuts I hope. Its there own fault aswell talk about taking their eye off the ball. Concentrate on the ENVIRONMENT boys not hobby fishermen.

Edited by clem