Prologic quick release connectors

Andy Macfarlane

Budgie IMO at ten quid for three (or three pounds thirty three each) these doodahs are cheap as chips and if they only last a season ...great, I probably waste ten times that on floats, and other stuff I never even get around to using.

As for silicone float adaptors... why don't polaris make a self-locking version of said adaptor into which you could insert your favourite balsa or peacock?... just a thought.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Snotty,just gives you the hump when your landing net head starts revolving like an egg beater at the crucial moment!Tis quite a big landing net head though in all fairness...

[ 08. June 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 2 years later...

I can see two threads for Prologic connectors, one in 2003 and another in 2004.

I wonder what the comments about these early connectors are now!

These early ones have now been superceded by the 'new specification' connector that comes in three sizes, Large, Medium (the original size) and Small (only for bite alarms).

They have a far superior fit and finish and is now to my original specification.

Thousands of anglers have tried the range of new spec. connector and are delighted.

I aslo brought some of these at last year gofishing show, work really well, I have seen somewhere that they now come in three sizes.

I use them on by buzzer bars to connect my alarms

just one more cast then I'am off home

Hi,

I have had one of the original ones on my landing net for the last 2 seasons,

its really handy, but its worn out a bit. The ridges in between where the

ball bearings locate have worn down or chipped off on some instances.

Feels a bit floppy now but still attaches pretty firmly.

Great bit of kit especially good for landing the fish weighing it in the net

and getting the fish back as quick as possible, no need for slings and things :)

Definitely going to get one or 2 of the larger ones to use on my net soon.

the newer blue prologic ones (nicks design) doesn't suffer that type of wear and is a much better fit.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve