Can you catch pike now?

Chub Frenzy

Ok so if i do use sink and draw, then do i still need to pre bait the place???

Many thanks

Im guessing sink and draw rigs are pretty straight forward - just a dead roach hooked up and casted out.

Is there any places in a V shaped pool you think would be best???

ChubFrenzy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon you need to 'bone' up a bit more Chub..if you are actually serious about pike fishing that is..you ask, if you can actually catch pike in the summer!! and then all this pre baiting, in a v shaped pool.

What if you actually hooked a pike, are you able to remove the hook(s)? Not meaning to be rude but Pike are very tricky to handle, and if you are a newbie go along with an experienced angler is my tip.

Very good advice Teme_man not being a Pike angler I only remember old lessons on handling Pike. forceps even Pike gags I think they were called used to hold the mouth open. But I guess a couple of quick nips from the Pikes teeth will teach caution and care of handling.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Haven't been pike fishing once yet this season but I'm going to dust off the lure rod and fly rod and try and get out this week.

Problem at the moment is water levels, not even the chub or barbel are interested round my way so not sure the pike would be up for it.

I have this local lake near me, not very big, but has got pike in that nobody knows about.... I was thinking about going down their everyday and chucking in some white bait from sainsburys.

I was thinking the white bait so that they will love a nice juicy mackerel in a few days time.

Anyway, i was wondering where i should put the bait. The shape of the pool is exactly the same as a bubble writing 'V'

but i was wondering where to put they bait, there is a small which is a small in-cut which is completly slack and sheltered from the wind, any good?????

Many Thanks

Any tips welcome

Chub

Thought that pool was reserved for the kids etc to learn their angling skills??

• 1 year later...
I dug this up from the archives to see what members thought about dead baiting for pike in the summer?

It's been done to death, some will, some won't. There won't be much evidence to support either side, just lots of subjective notions.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

It's been done to death, some will, some won't. There won't be much evidence to support either side, just lots of subjective notions.

And the usual tosh from those who don't do it and think others should'nt do it or even worse calls to ban it from those who never pike fish anyway

I dug this up from the archives to see what members thought about dead baiting for pike in the summer?

ha ha you are trying to stire up the hornets nest :D

i would have expected you to get a much bigger reaction from the anglers who are scared of pike and never fish for them

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

ha ha you are trying to stire up the hornets nest :D

i would have expected you to get a much bigger reaction from the anglers who are scared of pike and never fish for them

Seriously I am not. I think some of the older members maybe have to take into hand that there many new members who may have experience or not who have not discussed the topic so been done to death I can understand but it has not been done at all to those new.

I had this when I used to run a bike forum. One of the old chestnuts so to speak was to wear leathers or not or that Suzuki V that Yamaha. But then what about the new members who want to buy one or the other ask the question and then are told it has been done to death or trying to cause confrontation. Many members too can look in the archives and find the debate but they can't ask questions as they were never there and so they do and it goes to front and that's when the comments come.

I more than understand the done to death things but we do have to respect the new members and not just ourselves who have discussed it. And we owe it to them to give them our reasons again for and against again in a civilised manner

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon