River Eden Cumbria

rob.imk2

Hi everyone as the title is there any coarse fishing allowed on the Eden in Cumbria all I can find is Game fishing info thanks in advance ...Rob

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Hi everyone as the title is there any coarse fishing allowed on the Eden in Cumbria all I can find is Game fishing info thanks in advance ...Rob

You'll be hard pushed to find coarse fishing, it's nearly all game.

It is possible to get some grayling, chub and dace.

While there are a range of stillwater venues, Cumbria isn't know for coarse river fishing.

http://www.carlisleanglingassociation.org/

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Thanks for the info .I am going to be caravanning near Lazonby in the future and just wondered if coarse is allowed around there :thumbs:

If you can, drop into john norris at penrith, game shop i know but they should be able to tell you all you need to know, the eden is full of grayling , there are chub, perch and dace, though there isent as many dace as there used to be.

If you can, drop into john norris at penrith, game shop i know but they should be able to tell you all you need to know, the eden is full of grayling , there are chub, perch and dace, though there isent as many dace as there used to be.

Thank s for the info heard there were chub and perch but not sure if fishing for them is allowed

You'll be hard pushed to find coarse fishing, it's nearly all game.

Hello Tigger, ;)

In terms of your question, I have a fancy what the lads say is indeed correct (i.e.) fishing on the River Eden is game only. But, all is not lost - We had a static caravan in The Lakes for a long while, we packed it some time ago. We went to & from the 'van via Lazonby [is that the place with the Bailey Bridge?]

Well, imagine you are travelling from Lazonby to Penrith, about four miles it is, if that?

Well, there used to a 'building block' factory on the RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD, about 1.5 miles approx. from Lazonby, you cannot miss it, it is, or was, a big facility. Well, about half a mile past the block factory on the LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD there is, or was, a coarse fishery. :)

It got a good name at the time, & it's little more that walking distance from Lazonby. If you find it, can you please let me know how it all worked out?

Regards, :)

H.

DEAR ROB, :)

SENT MY REPLY THE WRONG MEMBER I HAVE. :mellow: PLEASE READ MY 'BUILDING BLOCK FACTORY' REPLY FURTHER 'DOWN THE REPLIES'.

REGARDS. ;)

H.

Dear Rob, :)

As I said last night, I replied then [last night] but posted my reply to the 'wrong' member, please read down until you find my post where I'm 'going on' about a precast concrete factory situated near Lazonby.

I couldn't remember the name of the place, but I did some checking & the site is operated by a big outfit called Edenhall Concrete Products, it would appear that they are still on the go as we speak.

The COARSE FISHERY, JUST UP THE ROAD [ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE BUT] towards Penrith is called Whins Pond Coarse Fishery, telephone number 01768 862671 [Could be 01768 862677?] :mellow: , day tickets are available.

If you find time to have a go, please let me know how you came on. :)

Regards, ;)

Heritulus