Escaped maggots

davedave

A handful of maggots escaped from my tackle box in the house today, what will they do? Please say all it will be is they will go into casters, and then there will be a few flies around, or do they go into the woodwork or anything like that?

Has it happened to anybody before??

Probably being paranoid but i thought id better check, thanks

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

A handful of maggots escaped from my tackle box in the house today, what will they do? Please say all it will be is they will go into casters, and then there will be a few flies around, or do they go into the woodwork or anything like that?

Has it happened to anybody before??

Probably being paranoid but i thought id better check, thanks

:clap: exterminate exterminate

Klaus

I think it's probably happened to everybody at some stage.

They will find somewhere dark and safe and pupate/hatch into flys.

The only problem is that the "Hand full" of maggots that you think you lost always somehow turns into an army of flys sufficient to recreate he Amytivlle Horor.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The only problem is that the "Hand full" of maggots that you think you lost always somehow turns into an army of flys sufficient to recreate he Amytivlle Horor.

ok thanks, ill get the fly swatter ready! Now its getting colder im just going to keep my maggots outside i reckon.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

your house will probably look like pestulence has been round, get a fly swatter,an ultra violet fly zappa, fly paper, fly spray, move house don't tell the estate agent :rolleyes: . when they hatch open the windows, be prepared for divorce if married :o . Its not that bad ,honestly :)

klaus

I spilt a whole pint in the car once. They were coming out of the air vents for days, mightily ammusing

lol same here. They can be funny to watch as they are usually a bit groggy looking and often cant fly to well when they have only recently hatched. Word of warning. Dont hoover them up. They will pupate and come out as flys! Made that mistake after hoovering loads out of the car.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

what will they do?

Just remember not to go to sleep on the floor or where they can crawl near to you. There has been cases of them crawling into a persons ear whilst they where asleep and going on to eat into their brain sending them into walking dead...zombies !!....

....several of the victims are regular posters here on AN :lol:

Just remember not to go to sleep on the floor or where they can crawl near to you. There has been cases of them crawling into a persons ear whilst they where asleep and going on to eat into their brain sending them into walking dead...zombies !!....

Lol i thought I was feeling a little funny. But seriously I saw a video on youtube the other day of a guy having maggots removed from his nose. It turned my stomach. Take a look davedave (no really take a look. Its rank.) and then ask yourself what they will do! :lol:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Might explain my Pepperami addiction. Went to the local GOSS (get off spicy sausages) clinic and the most commonly affected are anglers... There is no known cure and I'm buggered if I'm going cold turkey, its too dry...

On topic, you have nothing to worry about. Just open a window or 2 a crack at night and many will find their own way out. For the rest, you can try new and exciting methods of 'winged minion dispatch'. Fun for the whole family. Personal fave is the elastic band and folded bit of paper, you need both stealth and accuracy but its worth it. Sort of a very cost effective clay shoot... Can be messy mind.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue