Hero Anglers Save Child

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Great to see people willing to risk their lives to help others. Show true bravery. Maybe a little foolish to swim into the sea to try and rescue somone in certain circumstances but I applaud the bravery in this case. They clearly felt confident in their ability to rescue the lad. As for the parents I think it is ridiculous that they would allow such a young child to go off to the beach on their own. It is a very dangerous place to be without an adult and even then can be risky if caught out by incoming tides when there is a channel behind you that you did not see. Just daft.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Fantastic result.

My fishing buddies & I have been instrumental in helping to save 7 people from imminent death just by being at the right bit of coast at the right time.

Only had to go in twice, got battered up & covered in blood the second, but a toddler was involved in that one too so you don't hesitate.

Wish I had thought for a second or two though, as it was off a crowded beach & everyone else just sat and watched like it was on tv, or part of their holiday entertainment.

Next time, i'm going to get individuals involved. Point at able bodied people & give instructions, people respond to that.

Something like, "You, dial 999 & ask for Coastguard" & "You, run & get that lifebelt"

Oh Yeah, divers are very, very heavy when you have to haul them up the chesil, might be easier to fillet them first.

Fabulous rescue story, and I don't want to take anything away from the rescuers who did a fantastic job but...

I have to agree with AddictedToScopex...

Mrs Green, a mother-of-five, ran the short distance from her home in Fairway, Fleetwood to the beach, where her three youngest children had been playing,

A three year old? Left with only a nine year old to supervise whilst near water, and tidal water at that?

Beggars belief, really it does...

Janet

Edited by Janet

I'd echo those thoughts. Also, she not only put her own child's life in danger, but also the lives of the rescuers. Plenty of people have died in the sea off Blackpool trying to save others. The houses come very close to the sea - clicky - but still, you wouldn't, would you?

I am trying very hard not to jump to conclusions like a Daily Mail leader writer.

Scary situation, great ending, leading woman tragically dull of mind.

Bravo to those chaps involved, brave and selfless.

Kind of used to this sort of thing. Have pulled in lilo lady while kitesurfing off sea palling (not to mention other kitesurfers and have been aided in return!). The dumb manatee fell asleep and drifted out! Some people have no respect (read healthy fear) of the sea.

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Have never had cause to be involved in a sea rescue *, but was present when a child (age about 8) fell into the River Lea and disappeared.

As an angler I am proud to report that all five anglers in line of sight ran to her aid, and between us we found her and pulled her out. I was relieved when she started screaming as soon as her head was out of the water - which indicated no real damage to lungs etc.

Not so pleased when her father, fetched from the pub, seemed indifferent to her falling in, but wanted to know which of us had taken her fishing rod !!

*Apart from helping people who had fallen betwixt boat and quay whilst getting in or out of boat - in 70 years fishing I've seen that happen four times - a good reason for putting on a life jacket before getting on a boat....

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...