The future of fishing

Peter M

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pangolin,

Why don't you just have a go, you have nothing to lose except a blank, and you will have learned something. i too put off going for barbel until this year because i did not feel good enough and have now caught two the biggest 8 pounds. I just read up on it, joined a season permit streach, went there and chatted to the very helpful regulars and the baliff, then did what they were doing.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter Waller:

And Lyn won't knock your head off, unless you are Des Taylor in disguise!

You're never going to let me forget that are you Peter :P lol

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Pangolin:

Hi Lyn, I'm based in Aylesbury, Bucks. I'd love to learn how to catch barbel. The great Ouse is not far away, but I wouldn't have the confidence to plan my own barbel quest at present. I don't even know if there are better and worse times of year.

I am off on hols next week then will be busy getting my junior barbel fish-in sorted when I get back. That would be a good day for you to come & watch/learn as Trefor West comes and helps out, Sat 4th Sept, that's if you're not going to Stoney's fish-in.

I will email you.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

lyn:

lyn:

And Lyn won't knock your head off, unless you are Des Taylor in disguise!

You're never going to let me forget that are you Peter :P lol

lyn

Nope!! And pictures of Des on the Badger adverts show him pointing to the point of contact!!