Big 'nuisance' carp to Mark Barrett!

Peter Waller

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: You obviously don't carp fish a lot, Mark, or you would know what you'd caught. Never mind - it's nice to see the fish on the banks for the first time this week.

She is a mug, of course, and already has a name: Madonna ('cos everyone has had...). At least all those pike are 'like a virgin'... errr, ish, sortof.

Only kiddling - congrats mate!

Anyone up for a bet that NW is the next captor?

[ 26. July 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

i would bet but undoubtedly i would lose fenboy do you really think that fish was once a livebait?thats an amazing survival storie from that carps view!from a livebait...to a leviathen...

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

A lot of the carp in certain parts of the Fens are almost certainly livebait survivors. It's not that surprising - they do fly off the hooks on the cast from time to time. And some fish do survive an attack from pike - hence the very scarred fish we sometimes catch.

But there are well-established populations of carp in the Fens that have got there by (illegal) stocking or natural migration down the Ouse and Nene.

Either way, a 43 is magnificent.

Fenboy

yes i suppose they could have survived,i know about the nene ones(theres some biggies in there!) but your right either way a 43 is magnifiecent, just goes to show you dont need a 400 quid a year syndicate ticket...there out there in the wilds...

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Besides saving money, you get the chance to fish for carp that haven't been caught before - or given "names". I have to smile at the idea that if you're the first person to catch a fish you have the "right" to name it. What happens if you're second - do you have the right to change it by deed poll?

Yes, I know Dick Walker started it all with Clarissa, his 44 record. But just because he had a rare lapse of bad taste doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit.

Mark has very sensibly opted not to name the 43. So if one of the swim ponces that have leapt into his swim now catches it, what will they do? Will they call it "No-name"?

Fenboy

The location appears to be known in Fenland piking circles so the chance of our Nige being next in the line is pretty good.

Just think Mark, you could have sold it to the local carp puddle for thousands!! That would have saved em having to go to France. Everytime you hear of a big carp snuffing it it's always worth £10,000.00 minimum!

[ 26. July 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

i will say this much pete if anyone thinks that they will catch it again at that weight this year they will be in for a dissapointment, particularly if the weather gets/ stays hot.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

They do get very bloated in the heat Mark. The carp circus glory boys will be there, don't worry, just before she spawns next! I can just hear the 'pad, pad, pad' of bivvie slippers squelching along the banks of a now well known Fenland drain. The Fox barrows becoming bogged down as the banks collapse under the strain. Farmers cursing as cammo painted fourwheel drives force their way through their fields.

You are having a major season this year Mark. Brillient, well done.

[ 26. July 2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]