Grays day out

fisherking

well done mate, very nice,very proffesional and congrats. it was a good day out, and for the benefit of others, when you went over to giles i glanced at my watch and in the first 15 minutes that you were over with him in the afternoon period he actually landed 6 carp, this being twice as many as i caught during my 8 hour session :):) once again well done catchpole

gary

Gray - nice write-up.

Whew - it is no wonder that the UK match guys trounce any US guys when they compete. That stuff is mondo complicated.

I don't think I understood even 1/3 of what you said but the results indicate a real expert at work.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, guys

the only expert at work here was giles, all i did was watch, listen , add photo`s and stuff.

if you look at what giles was doing, its not really that complicated, but it does take alot of effort, no sitting around waiting for fish, it was a great day.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Gray, Very good words and action shots. Top Class reporting.

But you wonder why the term "Angling Bandit" has been give to you.

Keep net stuffed with 150lb of carp come on was that necessary.

Lets start the great debate when Keepnets should be used.

I will start Never for pleasure fishing.Fishing is about the day out not how many fish you can stuff in your keepnet

But never the less credit where credit is due a top class report.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

dragon

thank you.

the article was with giles cochrane a "match angler" puting fish in a net is what they do, it helps them work out who has one the match :rolleyes: , the net was an oversized, carp safe mesh, keepnets are not allowed on this water, but giles was given permition for this day, i was reporting on his style and ideas. and it was 115lb not 150lb

now, if this makes me an angling bandit, then so be it, alas i still dont know what one is, and as for your point on another thread saying i only catch loads of fish when im on my own, all i can say is, i very rarely fish alone, so where you got that from im not sure.

any more???

[ 24 April 2002, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Gray...Well done on managing to pin down a pro and extracting those vital titbits of info that will undoubtably help others to bank fish.

Newt...I consider myself no slouch when it comes to fishing here, but when it comes to pole-fishing...I'm at a complete and utter loss, so take heart from that if you can..its all well over my head.

Dragonbat...Perhaps a new thread? or maybe a search on AN with the keyword "keepnets" would help here..As Gray has said..Giles is a match angler and uses keepnets. Special dispensation was given for this article so that something tangible could be gained..ie a picture of lots of fish that inevitably proves the success..However, perhaps you should read a trifle more carefully, it was 115lbs...not 150!

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Gray-Catchpole:

Newt, guys

the only expert at work here was giles, all i did was watch, listen , add photo`s and stuff.

if you look at what giles was doing, its not really that complicated, but it does take alot of effort, no sitting around waiting for fish, it was a great day.

Excellent Gray. Match angling is not my scene but you have to take your hat of to the man. Nice story and pics, refreshing and very interesting, thanks.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Hi Gray, thanks for a very good article made all the better for me as for once I am reading about how to fish a water that I fish on a regular basis properly as I have said by email I look forward to you showing me how its done soon.

A word for anyone worried about the welfair of the fish in the keepnets in Grays article knowing the place as well as I do I can asure you that the owners would have made dam sure that none of their fish came to any harm thay realy would not stand for it for any reason