My first 'double'

terryk

After a second season of fishing following a lengthy lay-off since my younger years, I finally managed to catch my first double figure fish. It was a common carp weighing in at 15 lb 4 oz (not big by some standards, but a pb for me). See here. I'll be hoping to better some other pb's during this year, eg: roach, bream, etc.

My first trip out this year will be Saturday (my birthday !), so I'll be partaking of hot soup and sandwiches during the day, followed by copious amounts of real ale in the evening.

Terry

Well Done Terry,

Very envious mate, like yourself I had a lengthy rest from fishing and came back this November. Thus far best i've managed is a 5 1/2lb ghostie.

Hope to be joining you with a PB double as well this year!

Comus

To save some clicking, here is the fish (and a nice looking critter it is too)

Posted Image

[ 04. January 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes, Well done Terry.So nice to hear some one actually being pleased about their first double these days.It used to be a major target but seems to have faded in importance over the years as carp have got bigger.My first double certainly was more important to me and meant a lot more then than my first 60!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!