Rod went in>>>>>>>>>>

me

Have you ever been fishing and your rod has gone in the lake because of a fish? That happened to my mate. We were moving peg and then we heard a big splash. My mate turned around and the rod was in the lake. We were there for about 20 minutes getting it out.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

That's what happens when rod is left unattended. I have no sympathy for anyone who loses a rod through such negligence.

In this day and age, there is no excuse for rods to be left like this, moving pegs or not. The rod should have been reeled in or at worst, left with drag turned down.

It also suggests to me that a change in swim was a bad move. If a fish can pull a rod in, it's a biggie.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

That has happend to me with my pole!

I had the just baited the hook and rested the top 4 on my knee in the margin at my feet while I picked up the catapult to feed some maggots in.

I was catching fish on the drop about 8mts out and they where going banana for the maggots at about half depth.

Just as I was puling the elastic back on the catty I felt the pole move slightly on my knee then suddenly shoot off at about a hundred miles an hour into the middle of the lake.

I did not even get the chance to even grab the pole befor it disappeared into the depths.

The pole was recovered a week later without the fish attached but it thankfully.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I must to agree 100% with you Andy, I thought that it said that it was illegal to leave rods unatended on your rod licence aswell?.

Also what about tethering a fish with it?.

[ 04. January 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: bushwacker ]

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

why would i leave unnatended rods on my licence surely a wallet or plastic fishing mag cover mounted licence holder is far more secure hopefully a lesson has been learnt and now both parties will attend their rods with more attention :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I should have known that you would be lurking some where Chesters

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

i was carping at Holwell Hyde and had a two rod set up with both rods with baitrunners on which were switched on and i still managed to have both rods, rod pod, bite alarm & swingers dragged in but luckilly only into shallow water so it was easilly retrievable. to my astonishment the fish that dragged all that in was only about 3lb. i was expecting a heavier fish to be able to do that much damage..

boilies

That was a bit silly :rolleyes::o:o:o when moving to another peg leaving your rod unattended it was bound to happen. I got no sympathy for anglers who move to another peg and leaving the rod unattended. All you have to to was reel your bait in and when set up in another peg was to cast out again :rolleyes:

You were lucky to get your rod back and I hope the fish was not much in a tethering state. I hope you have learn't yourself a lesson.

It doesn't matter if are moving pegs or want to relive yourself or talking to a mate, always try to remember to reel in your bait. :)

And again it is also illegal to leave your rod unttended.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Had it when I have been fishing at very close range, turned round after getting a cuppa just in time to catch the butt of the rod hitting me in the stomach and doubling me up, but fortunately I had the presence of mind to grab the bail arm, so it took line but not the rod.

Did land it in the end

[ 04. January 2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts