Cheap pins !

Tigger

Damn it i was blinded by a shiny reel and have just ordered one before the common sense side of me realised. The mrs won't like this one bit ;) . And so it begins. The ascent into pin madness! :D Starting off with a small amount but its the first brand new one I have bought.

Which one did you buy?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one did you buy?

Given that from looking at them they look identical apart from colour I went for the one from dragon carp. Made better money sense. You cant really argue with them at that price. I wanted a flat inner spool too instead of the grice and youngs one I have at the moment which has tapered spindels to hold the line which Alan told me can cause bedding in so that was another excuse I gave myself :D . Im going to thank the government here for overtaxing me and providing me with a spare £100 to spend allowing me to buy it. :P

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Sounds spot on. Let us know how you get on with it, please :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sounds spot on. Let us know how you get on with it, please :)

Not a problem. I am hoping to be posting up some nice pics of some large chub caught on it in the near future. :D . Watch this space lol.

Well mine has landed and the first impression is indeed favourable it is very free running and the check is nice and firm which is how I like it.

The balance isn't perfect but is more than good enough in the real world and so far the whole package is better than expected.

I can't fault the service from Dragon Carp they had it to me in short order.

Thus far the whole thing looks like a genuine bargain.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Well mine has landed and the first impression is indeed favourable it is very free running and the check is nice and firm which is how I like it.

The balance isn't perfect but is more than good enough in the real world and so far the whole package is better than expected.

I can't fault the service from Dragon Carp they had it to me in short order.

Thus far the whole thing looks like a genuine bargain.

Sounds good enough to me. Can't wait till mine arrives and I can get it loaded up and give it a go.

Mine is ordered...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

And so it begins. The ascent into pin madness!

A tip.

When you put up a shelf in the living room so that the pins can be kept on display and to hand, don't forget to make it long enough for a growing collection.

There's nothing so aesthetically displeasing as a length added on, especially if the materials betray it.

(But then comes the problem of looking at the empty space on the shelf and thinking ......................!) :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Not a problem. I am hoping to be posting up some nice pics of some large chub caught on it in the near future. :D . Watch this space lol.

Thanks again guys. I've been after a Okuma (for a decent price) on ebay after advice from a number of you on the forum. Spotted this post and ordered one straight away. Arrived today. Looks nice and spins for about 2 and a half mins. When spinning I can feel a bump every now and them. Is that usual for a pin with bearings. Almost feel like ball bearings coming together. Alan is this what you meant about balance. I have had the opportunity to order the TFgear one for £69 in the past and you guys persueded me to hold on. Can't complain at £30. My first proper pin. Can't wait to try it.

Regards

Rob

A tip.

When you put up a shelf in the living room so that the pins can be kept on display and to hand, don't forget to make it long enough for a growing collection.

There's nothing so aesthetically displeasing as a length added on, especially if the materials betray it.

(But then comes the problem of looking at the empty space on the shelf and thinking ......................!) :)

Lol. Having just moved into my new house last week I quickly found myself in the shed plotting the layout. I now have all my rods racked up, my reels racked up in order of size and everything else in its place and hung up. It like heaven to me, I can just walk in, pick a bag, pick what i need, grab a rod and im gone. Whenever i need a fag i just pop out to the shed and admire all my tackle hung up in there and consider the next conquest on the banks of the ribble. I am yet to wangle a spot in the house for my pins once the collection gets going but when the time comes Im sure the fiance wont mind too much. I have already begun my cunning takeover of the spare room by putting all my fishing books/dvds in there along with my xbox and computer. I can see a battle for spare room supremacy coming in the future :D