Is this fish an F1?

larsagi2010

Ok, so a while back I posted a poor quality picture of a fish asking what it was. Well yesterday I managed to catch another one of about the same size and captured a reasonable picture of it.

Is it an F1?? It kinda has the body shape of a Bream but the fins don't match a bream?? And most F1's I see look more golden, this was bright silver.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1333...p;id=1580673497

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

No that ones definately an ornemental.

Ahh thanks! I will have to take the picture into the lake owner and see if he knows the exact breeds. I have had about 5-6 of them now so they must have been stocked in good numbers. Also the Anal fin is really firm, almost like a perch spike on it. They fight pretty poorly but take really aggressive. They seem to have that initial aggression then give up when they know they have been caught.

Sorry to be a pain! I had another fish I am unsure of.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1333...p;id=1580673497

It kinda resembles a Chub, but the fin colours look too light on the bottom of the fish. Also the Dorsal fin looks more shark like on this fish, which I believe is different to the Chub? I know there are Ide in the lake, but they seem to have a Dorsal fin identicle to the Chub so I am lost lol.

Edited by larsagi2010

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

Don't think its an Ide/Orfe. They have small scales - around 60 in the lateral line (IIRC) - way more than this has......

C.

It's not a good picture, but my 3 attempts at counting along the lateral line gave me 59, 61, and 63, Chris. Am I miscounting?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's not a good picture, but my 3 attempts at counting along the lateral line gave me 59, 61, and 63, Chris. Am I miscounting?

John.

Ah!! - my mistake - I was just looking at the 1st pic with around 30 scales on the lateral line - doh! 2nd pic does look like an Ide - and is consistent with the scale count!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog