Ultrabite and tackle tarts

Zinky

ULTRABITE,

Is this the biggest con trick ever to hit the angling trade since the Newark needle float.

I have been give samples to test.

Results ?? My view it will suit the tackle tarts.

Most tackle shops that purchased Ultrabite are not shifting their stock.

What do you others think. In my neck of the woods it goes by the name of Ultrashite.

But as the weather improves it may prove to be of some use.

Which of you tackle tarts splased out a tenner

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shifted all of our stock Droganbat

A question, do you buy additives? :P

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

when ultreabite first came on the market one of the makers claims was, why use the dirty water of the fishery after you have taken the trouble to put together all the ingredients in your groundbait mix. Is that the same dirty water that the fish live in? How much or many attractors can you put in before you get to saturation point. I think that too many people put too much faith in secret ingredients. A good peg and good angling are more important. The same applies to tackle. A crap angler with a £1000 pole etc. is still a crap angler.

I very seldom drink and i do'nt eat chips.

Why not give the stuff to Elton for one of his best thread days, go on Dragonbat make someone happy :cool:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dragonbat:

ULTRABITE,

Is this the biggest con trick ever to hit the angling trade since the Newark needle float.

I have been give samples to test.

Results ?? My view it will suit the tackle tarts.

Most tackle shops that purchased Ultrabite are not shifting their stock.

What do you others think. In my neck of the woods it goes by the name of Ultrashite.

But as the weather improves it may prove to be of some use.

Which of you tackle tarts splased out a tenner

Dragonbat, I was a little bit interested in your comments. You were given some Ultrabite to test. Could you please explain how you came to your conclusions? How did you test it, over what time scale, weather conditions, tackle, rigs, target species etc etc etc. I would have thought that to be able to have come to your conclusions your tests must have been extensive and as such should be reported in full to give us the chance of making up our own minds.

I am under the impression that you are in or connected to the trade yet you label your customers as tackle tarts because they are willing to spend there own money (possibly lots of it) in your shop on what you would label as tartish.

Tackle shops buy a product because they think they can sell it at a profit, just because certain shops can't shift the product, does that reflect on the product or the sales/marketing person(s) in that shop?

I purchased a batch of Ultrabite last week and gave it it's first test on Sunday, until I have tested it to the full for different species/methods I will keep quiet. Sundays test will take me several hours to write up as well as getting the photo's developed to be able to write an unbiased report.

I will qualify "unbiased" here, I am not in the trade, have never made any money from fishing and have purchased my Ultrabite from my own pocket via Veals.

You asked us what we think, give us something to think about and you may get more questions than answers.

Tight lines

Alan(nl)Taylor

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Here! Here! Mr Taylor!

It seems the Luddites are in town!! :D

A days boat fishing cost's the best part of £50 if UB is going to give me a better day out for my money then i'll be happy to use it - it's 50p per vial - hardly the biggest con or cost of the century. Any one ever bought KM nuggets or CSL Pellets or Nash Rods (that's three examples from hundreds)?

I'd also like to point out that the develpoment has not taken place for angling uses only - do you think a govt. dept would spend 3 million quid on something entirely for the recreational fishing market that it does it's best to ignore?

We are the tip of a massive iceberg - it has been developed with massive fish farming operations in mind - maximum yeild in the least amount of time etc etc. Until proper tests have carried out by many parties no firm conclusions can be drawn.

From reading Dragontwats comments I can only assume that he has already carried a detalied programme of trials using Ultrabite seeing as he had samples before it even hit the shops - I'd love to see your results - I take it you have some as you have a conclusion -

"It will suit tackle tarts."

The shops in my area are selling loads of the stuff - after the initial rush there are plenty of anglers that have consigned Ultrabite to the bin without a second thought - I wonder how many will be back on it when in the next year or so they are proved wrong and given the methods for sucess on a plate?

I have a friend who is a marine biologist he has been working on the development of 'Ultrabite' since day one - when I hear the way he speaks about it (he gets none of the profits I must add) - with enthusiasm and constructive points and sceintific theories - I find myself falling on his side of the fence rather than on the side of an ignorant Dragonbat? whose conclusions were probably drawn up over the counter of a tackle shop on the premise that anyone with a few pounds to spend is not worth knowing!!

Rob

Good reply Allan and Rob T.

The stock shifted in our tackle shop within A WEEK,NOT FOR DRINKING OR PUTTING ON CHIPS :P .

It was to test the prduct by the angler,may i add that we had some good reports, and some not so good reports,could it be that we have better salesmen in the tackle trade that our stock sold out so soon,50 full packets?who knows but all the stock went.AND IT IS STILL SELLING :D:D:D:D

Good luck to you allan on your test

Tight lines and be safe :D:D

JANGAR

“Vescere bracis meis”

I know anglers who swear by it, and others who swear at it.

Never tried it myself, but I think it's one of those products that each individual needs to make their own mind up on.

Wish they'd throw some of their marketing budget this way, though :D It's certainly had some investment

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE