big bream city... guaranteed!!!!

boilies

if you want a bag of big bream tackle stanborough lakes, herts. i swear that i have had 5 60+ lb nets of slabs from 3-7 lb. (i'll give the secret tactic away tomorow!)

------------------------------------------------

boilies

Tell us NOW YOU ROTTER :mad: not tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum

JANGAR

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Whooooo. Boilies, you haven't been posting here long but you do know how to make a great first impression. :D

Welcome to you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi - The first couple of times I fished Stanborough lake I caught over 100lbs of bream. This was during the warmer months. I caught mostly on the pole.

Pellets/corn works well but you can also catch plenty wit chopped worm.

Also one late afternoon I went there with the intention of trying to catch carp in the margins. I used a power waggler rod, 8lb maxima straight through and size 8 hook with a big lump of meat and fed a few lumps of meat now and then.

The result was........35 bream in 4 hours!! and no carp :confused:

I have also caught plenty of carp to 14lb from the river there using hit 'n hold tactics where the rushes make it very narrow, caught mostly on pellets.

Also plenty of roach and chub from the river even in the middle of winter.

Mally:

Hang on a minute you got bored of catching lots of big bream?   :confused:

Depends on your description of big

They are really not that hard to catch. I was using an Avon and 6lb line straight through to a 8 or 6.

I have to admit that as soon as I get to the point were I know what I am going to catch next as I have caught 10 or so of the same before then yes I do tend to get stop trying.

When that happens I'm off !

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !