re- avon scales

teepee

remember me asking for an address for avon scales so i could get them serviced, well i got the address yesterday, trouble is this morning i do'nt have the scales, had both my sheds broke into last night! THE ROBBING B******s! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i would just like to thank every body for there input to this posting (not)! just shows the compasion amongst you when your not in with the in crowd, i get my sheds broke into and tackle stolen and there's not one offer of simpathy or support, do'nt get me wrong i was'nt looking for any simpathy, let me put it another way if this had been posted lets say by someone better known to A.N. we would now be on page 2 it would have been full of offers of condolences, were you insured, slagging the robbing b*****ds, offers of takle, ect. you get my point i hope! the site is or has become very clickish, new members beware they may say welcome but it can stop there! i'm not the most active member on this site nor do i have the most input but i do sit and read just about every posting and i do try to give help or a joke where possible... AnglersNet is the best fishing site and i will continue to spend hours upon hours reading the postings but do'nt spoil it please....

Morning All!!I've just got up after another hard night to this rather angry looking post above.

I'm supprised that it has appeared or the need to post it has been felt.

TP I can and do feel sympathy for you and I hope that you are insured though no ammount of insurance money can replace the memories that you have with your old gear.

Doubtless it will be some little snotgobbler who is looking for money to buy drugs with that has swiped your stuff.

Equally it is likely that it will turn up in a car boot sale somewhere as that is the way that these things tend to work.

I will not keep my precious gear it any outside building it is kept firmly in the house in the loft which is the most awkward place for it to be stolen from.

Most of these little retards do not want to work hard even when thieving and will always go for the easiest targets so make life hard for them!

Permenantly mark with your name and postcode the items that you value my centerpins are engraved very visibly so!!! This makes them worth nothing on the secondhand market it may not stop them getting pinched but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that the scum will get nowt for them as they are too easily traceable

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Teepee,

Like many, probably, I thought this was a discussion about Avon Scales. The topic didn't grab my attention, so I didn't read it.

Today, there haven't been so many posts, so I read it, only to find that it's really about low-life thieving scum preying on honest people :mad:

You have my sympathy, for sure!

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

teepee, I was sorry to read of your misfortune but there was really nothing I could have said that I felt would have made a difference. That is how I saw it at the time,obviously you would have preferred some sort of message rather than none at all,sorry is all I can say now. :o

Elton:

Teepee,

Like many, probably, I thought this was a discussion about Avon Scales. The topic didn't grab my attention, so I didn't read it.

Today, there haven't been so many posts, so I read it, only to find that it's really about low-life thieving scum preying on honest people   :mad:  

You have my sympathy, for sure!

Tight lines,

Elton

Got to go with Elton on this one Teepee. I will add that I would say exactly the same regardless of who you are! In reality, you're just like everybody else on AN, honest!

Elton:

Today, there haven't been so many posts,

If others were like me they couldn't even access Anglers Net for most of last night - I managed to read 4 posts on the Coarse Board (which I always read last), tried to write a reply to a post and then never managed to access the site again!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Sorry TP,but as Elton said,Avon Scales wasn't a thread that interested me.Just had a look in a quieter moment and what can i say?

The only thing i leave in my shed are my nets,All the rest gets carted up 4 flights of stairs,cause there is no way some little T-leaf is going to get his hands on my kit to flog for peanuts.And apart from that my insurance wouldn't cover my kit if it was in an outside shed.

Keep your eyes open at any local boot-sales,you never know.

Peter.

Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Sure, Avon Scales was not the best heading to put this thred under, but Teepee is right. This site is no longer about help and advice for fellow anglers. You see post after post where new comers ask “which is the best ….. to buy” and “can anyone tell me how to fish ……” All without any or little reply. However, if someone posted about PETA there would be pages of inane drivel on it!

Sorry, about the gear Teepee, hope you were insured? Incidentally, I recently posted asking for tackle insurance advice; guess what I got two replies, neither of which answered the question!!!!!!!

So come on AnglersNet lets stop focusing on useless detail, otherwise we will be in danger of disappearing up our own backsides, and start helping a bit more!

:confused:

[ 23 February 2002, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Big Nick ]