disabled newport angler robbed

Gray-Catchpole

this was in our local press yesterday, bloody dicracefull, i dont know who the poor fellow is, but im going to try and find out, and see if i can get him set up with some replacement tackle.

A disabled man was robbed at knifepoint in Newport by two men as he headed of for days fishing.

The robbers stole over a thousand pounds worth of fishing equipment from the thirty six year old man who needs crutches to walk.

The robbery occurred on Thursday near bettws canal and fishing ponds on bettws lane

Police have issued a description of the two men the first robber is described as 5ft 10in. tall with a long nose. He was holding a nine inch bladed knife with a knuckle duster type handle. he was wearing a camouflage army surplus jacket, black tracksuit bottoms and a blue baseball cap.

The other man was 6ft stockily built and had dark stubble and a baseball cap and has a face like a boxer also he was wearing camouflage jacket, and tracksuit bottoms he also had a knife.

The equipment was stolen included a Shakespeare box, fishing reels, a bright blue Preston innovation canvas rod bag, and two Preston innovation rods valued at 1,800 pounds.

DS. Andrew berties: this is obviously a cowardly attack on a vulnerable man and we urge anyone with information to contact us at bettws police station.

[ 28 March 2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Gray

If you can find out who did the robbery we could use em for bait in that little river which runs by your place ..whats it called erm.....oh yeah thats it the severn :)

They are obviously hard men, you've gotta be hard to rob a fella who needs crutches

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

John 'BLOCK':

sad times we live in....

lets hope they get there come upence....

like a really miserable end.... :mad:

Don`t let a couple of people give you the impression that these are sad times. If you allow that to happen they have robbed you to. The same robbers who steal from old ladies are at work here as they seek easy targets. Satify yourselves that the world is a good place and these people are in the minority. What goes around, comes around (if you need vengence).

Blue Skies,

OP -JB

spoke to clive at our local tackle shop, and told him what happened, if we can find out who the poor guy is, he is willing to put some gear his way, great stuff.

so if you are on the net and you see this contact me and we will get you sorted, it wont be PI gear mind, but enough to get you back fishing.

[ 28 March 2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

OP-JB

I hear what you say and I agree the world is a wonderful place, BUT

Recently 2 women called on my Father -in -law posing as nurses and robbed him of over £100.00!

Thankfully no violence was offered.

He let them in as he has many such visitors since he lost his sight 2 years ago at the age of 88.

Please remind us from time to time, just how wonderful it all is!

Thanks

Zip

Hi Gray..

I'll post a package to you mate...It will contain some items for the gentleman concerned, I am certain it will get to him.

It is a human digrace that a man in his prime (in years) has to contend with two thugs...whilst he had horde's of tackle, strung about him and no doubt struggled heavily to be able to indulge himself in his favourite sport, because crutches supported him.

Gray, if two thugs in the area have done this...they may strike again, with kids going fishing how about a local discouragement in that you get the local police to UV/mark or label tackle, to deter resale of stolen tackle...maybe?

Errmm...How about a National go at this?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

nice one steve, dont send anything yet though, as i still dont know who he is.

karl was out fishing fishing the very same water when i found out about it, frightened the crap out of me as he was on his own, he came home safe though.

its a sad thing for him as he is very indipendant, and likes to fish, box, play ball, and rugby, all of wich he likes to do without adult supervision, for now he is grounded when it comes to fishing alone.

the responce to this incedent has been great, have a look at http://pub6.ezboard.com/fbarbelfishingworl...icID=1883.topic

and we dont even know who the poor bloke is yet.

wonderfull

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

您在来信中写道

BAST**DS,BAST**DS,BAST**DS :mad:

Been there seen it and kicked seven shades of sh*t out of the so called hard men that tryed.

Two young lads walking home,confronted by two ar*eholes who tryed to steal there gear.Unlucky for them one of the lads was my son ,who had phoned me to pick him up.I just hope they learned to keep there hands to them selves.Hospital food is'nt very good (i work in one) i just hope they enjoyed there stay.

:(