38 pound river carp!!!

Peter Waller

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant you make like a chain of shield boats across the river like the tree huggers do with the trees.

we will not be moved style. :D:D

no on a serious note well done to your mate on a great fish.

hmmmm really

Great fish, caught by pioneering, opportunist angling. Worth at least 10 of the known fish from the boring stocked lakes.

In today's AT there's a bloke who took a 30 from the River Cam by getting out in a boat and fishing the colleges reaches of Cambridge. Lovely stuff.

Same with Mark Barrett's biggie.

Maize is a great bait. Just give it time to start to ferment.

I don't object to carp - they're just another fish - it's blinkered carp anglers that rub me up the wrong way. Let's face it, carp are pretty easy to catch. They have to be, considering the level of angling skills possessed by a lot of carpers.

Fenboy

fenboy - it really sounds like you would enjoy fishing in the US. If you can get yourself to Charlotte, NC we can certainly do some and I can guarantee

- no named fish since we don't got none here

- good carping but no carp anglers as you know them

- nearby rivers (rivers, not streams or creeks or whatever)

- great pred angling although no pike since again, we don't got none here

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

fenboy:

In today's AT there's a bloke who took a 30 from the River Cam by getting out in a boat and fishing the colleges reaches of Cambridge.

I bet that's the one of the carp I used to feed every lunch time at Silver Street. They usually had their heads stuck up a sewage outfall pipe but would always come out to play when I dropped the bread in.

Those lunch hours used to seem like 10 minutes and were definitely worth the price of a loaf.

Great achievement especially with all those punts [correct spelling] around.

I wonder when he will catch the big one and the 8lb Chub?

Colin