Pike killings

Stefan

Simon & Russell, the recently arrived visitors to our country, who have a reputation for fish killing, tend to kill for food. Who is to say that they are wrong? But that aside, is it fact or speculation as to who is removing these fish?

Do illegal immigrants eat fish whilst legal immigrants don't? Whether a person is legally, or illegally in this country is not the issue.

If you seriously believe that the problem is caused by those from a different culture to our own then, as I have suggested, seek to educate via community centres. Ask the lakes owners to erect multi lingual notices informing people that ALL fish must be returned to the water. A nice warm welcome to their new host country wouldn't go amiss either!

[ 17. June 2004, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had the problem of pike killers for many mnay years.Mostly German ,French anglers.Now in the last 5 years the number of fish killers had doubled,even quadrupled with the invasion of eastern europeans.Now,wether they see it as right or wrong,kiling fish is a big no no to us Coarse anglers, and if they want to reside in this country,they abide by the unwritten rules as we do.I wont fanny about the next time i come across them,it's in with the baseball bat.That'll teach 'em....

That goes to the Germans/French as well.

i won't stand around and watch another very very prolific Pike Lough that was a favorite haunt of mine go down the swanney because of these people.And sod the consequences.. :mad: :mad:

they are wrong becuase we dont do it,nethier should they,the problem is becuase they live a diffrent way to us and asa ive already said they can be educated but not all,some are very ignorant and pushy.

and the aint no BNP bandwagon here mate i live in east london,i dont vote,and im definetly not a bnp person.the dole cheating white person.hhhhmmmmif ive seen it with my own eys then i know who to blame....end off.

oh yeah and most normal londoners go nicking fish out of ther ressies dont they?..shut up...

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

This place in called Newsham Park, its in Tuebrook in Liverpool. I went there today, thankfully no dead pike, but one piker commented on the number of deaths, he thinks that it may be some of the other kids around the area. they hang around it all night as its a public lake, he thinks they do it for fun or to act tough, as the pike ahs a reputation.

Stefan

[ 17. June 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

ThePiker:

... Now in the last 5 years the number of fish killers had doubled,even quadrupled with the invasion of eastern europeans.Now,wether they see it as right or wrong,kiling fish is a big no no to us Coarse anglers, and if they want to reside in this country,they abide by the unwritten rules as we do.I wont fanny about the next time i come across them,it's in with the baseball bat.That'll teach 'em....

Turn the argument around and see how it sounds Piker ... Brits,Yanks,Aussies etc do work in Moslem countries (like Saudi Arabia) and set up illegal brewing and drinking clubs contrary to local law let alone 'unwritten rules'. If everyday Saudi folk took the law into their own hands the way you're suggesting, what do you suppose would happen? Baseball bats won't solve anything.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Originally posted by Stefan:

This place in called Newsham Park, its in Tuebrook in Liverpool. I went there today, thankfully no dead pike, but one piker commented on the number of deaths, he thinks that it may be some of the other kids around the area. they hang around it all night as its a public lake, he thinks they do it for fun or to act tough, as the pike ahs a reputation.

Stefan [/QUO

stefan

maybe try pointing out to thses youngsters that thepik eare not like they think they are,show them the dead fish,have a strong word,and see where it goes,some dont listen, as living in london i know all too well,all you can do is try and get through to them,i have a local lake only small all it has in it is a few roach,perchodd tecnh or two and a few jacks up to 7lb or so,the local kids are always down there(i used to go there years ago)fishing mainly for pik ebut on a few of my and my mates lure visits we have educated thse youngsters showed them how to unhook them and put them back and to use proper wire traces,and showed them about bite indication,striking etc and i hope its gone a long way,god i wish someone had showed me!i taught my self(well from a few books!)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Rattus Norvegicus46:

Interesting that a rodent native to Japan and exported everywhere else it lives gained the name of 'Norway Rat'.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Pike killing isn't a problem in the main where I live in Newbury, but we had something a few years ago which amazed me. In the reeds on the edge of an easy carp lake not known to hold pike someone found a dead 39lb pike! The general view was that it had been done by some pike angler, but i find that hard to believe. Surely they'd have wanted the credit for such a monster! I prefer to think someone found it dead from natural causes. Another strange thing is that no-one, me included, has started pike fishing that lake as far as I'm aware.

john clarke