New TV series?..

awaaar

Rudd suggest that ther BBC are anti angling. Yet it was the Beeb who commisioned 'Passion', the BBC who brought us Tales from the Riverbank and the BBC who brought us Jack Hargreaves. Not much in 50 years but when it has been done it has been done well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bbc certainly arent anti angling, just because they dont show many (if any) angling shows doesnt mean they are antis, the truth is angling shows dont fit the remit of bbc 3 and 4 and an angling show wouldnt attract enough viewers to warrant a spot on bbc 1 or 2. simple as that

Isnt there another forum member that was in "The Fishing Race" I thought it was Poledark, could be wrong on the name but there is a member I am sure of it. He will let us Know. Den wasn`t it you that was fishing for the goldfish in someones fish pond in the back garden.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

BUDGIE:

BUDGIE:

I can vaguely remember the 'Fishing Race'. I recall watching one episode where they were fishing in somone's garden pond......

Dennis Darkin (Poledark) who is a regular poster on here was on the programme,along with I believe (Den will no doubt correct me!) Jim Gibbinson,Brian Harris,Ian Gillespe to name a few I can remember.It was a great programme,certainly the best of its time.
I can remeber that as well and I agreed with you it was the best programme they ever made. Shame there wasn't anymore to follow after that!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I think the all time classics was Angling Today with Terry Thomas - What a classic to watch every week to see the old boy telling us the classic art of fishing!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

The second series (Sweden) was made and broadcast the year after the first - both back in the late 70's. So no point looking out for it!

Yes, it was great fun. Hard work (fishing almost non-stop for several days with little or no sleep), but great fun.