NIGHT FISHING

Janet

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has your head torch got a red filter? if no try to get a hold of one red light will not affect your night vision

David :D :D :D

Argos do an excellent one. See my field test at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...head_torch.html

They now also do an almost identical unbranded one at an even lower price. Having just bought one the only difference I can see is the battery compartment catch. In fact it's currently on special offer at £6.39 including batteries. The product number is 3400834 or go to http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...chTerms=3400834

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks for all the information!

I have the Energiser head torch. Other women get perfume and chocolates for their birthday. I got a head torch!

Janet

Now answer honestly, what would you rather have had? B)

Something else I've just remembered - you may find that you get plagued with eels if you use worm or maggot after dark. I'd definitely make sure you've enough vegetarian bait with you such as bread and sweetcorn.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You do realize that the small starlights only last for a few hours, so you might need two or three to get through a full night? Great fun to fish with though because the reflection is as bright as the actual tip which leads to some very interesting sights!

Guest Rabbit

Most of the star tips last at least 6 hours, so you should be OK. i used to night fish as a youngster, and really enjoyed it, especially when the mink were in a playful mood, The comment about the slugs was very true, they love bait boxes too.

My experience is that fishing all through the night is a bit of a waste of time, bites normally dry up 2hours after dark until dawn breaks, but you just never know. at least if you get your head down for a few hours you will be better equipped to cope with the dawn feeding frenzy..

Best of luck...looking forward to the write up.

The last entry in my fishing journal at the end of my last session (3 nights) reads:

'One word to sum up the session: SLUGS!!'

They were everywhere. And as soon as I moved them, they were everywhere again.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Janet,

As Anderoo and Noodle have already said 'don't use your torch unless absolutely necessary', we used to night fish nearly every Friday night for years and we were surprised how much we could see without a light once our eyes adapted to the dark, we could see every leaf and twig on the ground when we didn't use a light but as soon as we had a light on, our sight was limited to what we could see in the light beam.

We used to practice tying hooks in the cupboard under the stairs untill we could tie hooks and baitup in the dark (mind you we were sometimes 'guesting' on a water in those days) and the only time we needed a light was if we weighed a fish on the scales. however I walked into a lake once after I was blinded by a camera flash after a mate took my picture holding a Carp once. A very small torch pointing away from the water for baiting up with smaller baits is also useful.

But if you do need to have a light on in your swim dont keep moving it around or keep moving around in front of it or turning it on and off. If you don't give any clues as to your presence then sometimes the Carp come right up under your feet so you can lower a crust onto their noses and it gets quite exciting, but if you use a light they won't come near.

and as everyone says be extra careful and know where everything is before it gets dark. Tight lines, we are looking forward to your report.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)