Anti-fishing

Twigster

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twiggy

I won't click on links to anti sites for one reason.

It gives there sites an extra hit on the counter & makes them even more bigheaded & believing they are right.

if you were to do a search on here mate you'll find links to just about every anti site on the net.

Don't think angling doesn't know whats going on mate it does, there are some anglers who are even "spies" or "infiltrators" of most anti groups as the old saying goes "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" & believe me its true.

Its not that people don't believe anglings under threat its that they don't want to know or don't know what to do about it.

Hell yeah i take the mickey out of a lot of people & they take it back with me but whether you're a crap yob, barbel copper, bootlace lover, tinca tempter, predator tempter or just a plain old "Jolly fluff flinger" it will soon come to a time when you will have no choice but to rub shoulders with a person who fishes in a style or for a species you don't like.

On that day the anti's will understand the term "Piscatorial brotherhood" or "Brothers of the angle".

I believe if all the anglers in Britain stood up & shouted in one voice "leave our sport alone" someone will sit up & take notice, i just hope & pray that the day will come sooner rather than later.

Ok Ok climbing down from my soap box & putting on the kevlar gear

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

ok that has shocked me a bit but i agree with alan that if ever fisherman or woman in britain stood up and defended our sport no one could do a thing. there is too many people that go fishing every week for people to just ignore. fishing is the most participated sport in britain remember.

I'm getting a bit fed up reading so many magazine articles and posts on this and other sites about how we should all get together to fight the antis, how we need a united front, one banner and all that.. when its clear to me that we could end up going round in circles while we try to achieve this. EA licence sales for both adults and juniors are up again, our sport is healthy and there are enough of us to take on and defeat any anti group.

Some anglers will never stand up to be counted until the time comes to fight, we are, by and large, a peaceful lot until our beloved sport is threatened, I just don't see the need to bang our wardrums just yet and as for one vast alliance it aint going to happen. Forums like this and a healthy press are all that we need to keep abreast of the situation. :cool:

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I think your right mate, a united angaling alliance is a nice idea but i cant see it happening, and if the subject of banning angling was brought up then whichever party was going to impose a ban they would lose a lot of votes so i cna't really see it happening, as long as there are fishermen out there in numbers then we are ok, so just get out there and enjoy yourselves, afetr all thats what its all about and i think a few people are starting to lose sight of that!

[ 09. August 2002, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Mally ]

snotty:

our sport is healthy and there are enough of us to take on and defeat any anti group.

How come the anti-live-bait lobby won this one then?

quote:

I just don't see the need to bang our wardrums just yet

Tell that to the live-baiters!

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Mally:

as long as there are fishermen out there in numbers then we are ok, so just get out there and enjoy yourselves

You amaze me with that comment Mally, I wonder if the hunting brigade thought the same, do you think they are fewer than us then? We, well many of us, are just ordinary working blokes, scrapping a living to pay the mortgage, fishing as a leisure passtime, whilst many of the hunting set are the ones we work for to earn that living, ones with money and more influence, and look what's happening there.

Oh yes I intend to carry on fishing, but not with rose coloured glasses on as you suggest. :confused: :confused:

Nugg,

The point I'm trying to make is this, as soon as there is a real attempt to ban fishing then everybody will stand up, there will be uproar, and then reality will hit home for the anti's, they are never going to ban angling while there are so many people participating.

[ 10. August 2002, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Mally ]

In answer to your question Jim,

I belive the anti livebait lobby won this one because there was not enough opposition, say 5,000 anglers were opposing the decision, activly that is. Then suppose there was a proposal to ban fishing entirely, even if only 50% of anglers opposed the decision activly there would still be over a million people, BIG BIG difference!

This is my opinion anyway!

Mally