Pros & Cons of pole fishing !!

John 'BLOCK'

1question: Why on eearth are these pieces of cabon we call poles so expensive?... :confused:

I mean I ve seen em` for well over 2k

And you can't even land big ish on em`. Yeah I agree the bait positioning bight be second to none but you can do just that with a rod.

You just nedd to be good :D

i love pole fishing, loads of advantages, as already said, you can get in so many spots with a pole that are just impossible to get with a rod.

Hereford

if your breaking poles then you are doing something wrong, as with a rod, just break the pole down, keeping the tip facing the snag and keep aplying preasure, either the rig will come free or at worst the hooklengh will snap.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Poles are great for the reasons given above, but having never used one, I cannot really comment further, except to say the idea of using one does not appeal to me.

That said I do of course respect the views of those who do.

I guess accuracy would be their biggest advantage - as long as you want to fish within the range of its length!

Problem is when the fish are showing further out! I'll stick to my rods! :D

I find that you can get into

places easier fishing with a pole

than you can with a rod and also put your Groundbait spot on.

I use to be dead against pole fishing

until my son bought one and kept

pestering me to have ago so I did

it took about a couple of weeks use

to get me sold on them but I still

use my rod quite a lot.

david

so do i david, infact with all the wind we have had lately i havnt had a chance to use the pole, but, i normally take both rod and pole with me, they both have there uses, that are exclusive to each.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

good question

I must say that it really does help the match angler like me. accuracy is the main bonus but also it can be fun.

by the way you can get poles that can land big fish 10lb+ and some are 2k because thay are light, strong and are faster than the normal pole. My poles, Maver strongarm, is great, its light, strong(ive had fish to well over 10lb and a few big hales)and i love it. I must admit though that i would rather fish a rod any day.