Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

Who is this "public" then?

Your right, the fire-station i was thinking about (http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/article/6081/quiet-balmossie-fire-station-row-reopens.html) apparently does 4 call outs to real fires in 3 mths, rather than the 4 "incidents" in a year i mentioned. Thing is its within 5 mins of a huge station with all the gear and the only reason (imho) its still alive is that it happens to be situated among those very vocal on what the "public" are. Guess they would also describe anythting they are not as "the sticks?"

Chris

Chris

I dont want to bog this thread down with the why's and wherefore's of the fire service, but 5 minutes is a he'll of a long time in the development of fire. It's often said, and really is true, that seconds can make the difference between life and death, but minutes will definitely make a difference. What would happen to the 12 people who have 'real' fires in a year on that fire stations ground, if they don't manage to get themselves out in time?

(forget the first fire, that Christmas tree might as well be a canister of petrol)

I haven't read the link, but suspect this little station is retained? ( I used the term, 'in the sticks' to describe remote areas)

This 'huge' station you mention will still only have two pumping appliances at the most, a pump and a pump ladder. These are the appliances that are able to deal with house fires, among other things. If it is a big station it may have a few 'specials', i.e, a turntable ladder or hydraulic platform, a rescue tender, a hose-layer, command unit, etc, along with the two pumping appliances. These aren't mobilised to house fires. Plus, these two pumping appliances at this huge station will be there to cover the risks on that stations own ground, not to cover everyone else's. If they are out, attending an incident on their own ground, and the small station has been closed, then what?

Not saying there aren't saving to be made, but in my opinion they are to be found in the number of middle and senior managers, with their big salaries and pensions to match. That is why the management position is always different to that of front line staff. Cameron said he would be looking to make cuts without affecting front line services, but when it's management who tell him where the savings are to be made, that's going to be very difficult.

Do you think people will be getting a council tax rebate for the inferior public services they will be getting as result of all these cuts?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This then leaves me with the dilemma in how to word a letter in which the points I listed in post 85 have been answered in the Q&A section here >>> http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga07-home/s...ltation-q_a.htm

As it stands I can only remind the minister of a strong amount of distrust. Steve C suggested I do it in relation to

RSA-UK which regrettably is not yet running and would with the voting system be the only certain way to know if your claim of a majority with in a small group of RSA is indeed correct. Believe me I have spoken to many who don't post here that support these changes.

I sincerely hope that any letters that you send are restricted to your 'representation' of Cornish anglers, in your capacity of an IFCA appointee, Bob.

At least that way, anglers have some recourse against the MMO should they not agree with your submissions.

Nationally, the last thing anglers need is yet another mouthpiece without a mandate who cannot be controlled.

I sincerely hope that any letters that you send are restricted to your 'representation' of Cornish anglers, in your capacity of an IFCA appointee, Bob.

At least that way, anglers have some recourse against the MMO should they not agree with your submissions.

Nationally, the last thing anglers need is yet another mouthpiece without a mandate who cannot be controlled.

Fear not Wayne I would NEVER write to an MP claiming to represent anyone without a mandate. No matter how much Davey and Co claim an overwhelming majority against the proposals without a vote that fact remains unproven, equally I have no intention of doing so on behalf of Cornish RSA again there is no proof that it is the view of the majority of RSA here in the county.

This all started hypothetically with what might happen should RSA-UK members vote to have the views of the majority put to a minister that might be in contrast to my personal opinion and could I pen a letter in those circumstances, as might be the case here. The answer is yes I could, but while it remains a ‘might be’ situation I don’t have to worry about it and I will not be writing to any one.

Davey you say I’m looking for pointers when in truth all of your concerns have been answered by the MCA.

I know you won't agree but as far as I'm concerned none of your objections raised thus far are proven and to write a hypothetical letter in such a situation is pointless, that is not me back tracking but the simple truth.

If and when you guys can produce credible evidence that these proposals are a threat to life then I would support you all the way.

Thight Lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

If and when you guys can produce credible evidence that these proposals are a threat to life then I would support you all the way.

We'll get by without your support then, don't worry about it - 6,000 signatures on the 'badly written'petition now, plus lots of other petitions - 1,700 on Stornoway MRCC's personal petition for instance. Every harbourmaster between the Mersey and the Mull of Galloway supporting Liverpool MRCC etc etc plus loads of politicians from all parties. Never mind Bob, they're all wrong and you are right eh?

Good grief Bob, you've gone all Yorkshire on us. Drop the 'working man' act, there's a good chap :rolleyes:

This one you will not like so much >>>>

Vice-Admiral Sir Alan Massey leader of the MCA was in Falmouth today and faced the cameras to defend the proposed changes.

He reassured folk that he believed the changes were the right way forward and has promised to listen to objections via the consultation process.

A link will be posted if and when the BBC makes it available on the iplayer.

Vice-Admiral Sir Alan Massey leader of the MCA was in Falmouth today and faced the cameras to defend the proposed changes.

He reassured folk that he believed the changes were the right way forward and has promised to listen to objections via the consultation process.

In the meantime you can make do with this one from Shetland, the MCA man couldn't answer any of the questions put to him - not very professional that Bob.

Interesting to read how Minister Mr Penning has changed his point of view since he was in opposition and very anti the proposals re the Fire Brigade!

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2011/01/07/...r-key-questions

This one you will not like so much >>>>

This is not the TV interview just some bits edited from it >>>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-12137921

Would also agree with you Seafoods he is not the strongest of men in front of the camera but he did seem sincere he also suggested that this is an all but a done deal and that would be totally unacceptable.

Edited by Deene'0