Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

This one you will not like so much >>>>

Vice-Admiral Sir Alan Massey leader of the MCA was in Falmouth today and faced the cameras to defend the proposed changes.

He reassured folk that he believed the changes were the right way forward and has promised to listen to objections via the consultation process.

A link will be posted if and when the BBC makes it available on the iplayer.

Sorry, but if you belive that that, is really HIS opinion, and not what he has been TOLD is his opinion, you need to get out more.

He will say what he has been told to say, thats how it works. :lol:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but if you belive that that, is really HIS opinion, and not what he has been TOLD is his opinion, you need to get out more.

He will say what he has been told to say, thats how it works. :lol:

A Vice-Admiral being told what to say, you are joking CC

While he seemed ill at ease in front of the cameras today, I would not put him down as yes man.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

While he seemed ill at ease in front of the cameras today, I would not put him down as yes man.

Get real Bob, there aint any Vice-Admirals in the MCA, he's an ex RN Vice-Admiral and CC is right on the money.

He was "ill at ease" because he knew what he was saying wasnt what he really felt.

You are being Naive Bob.

(from Captain Cojones, who has been involved in "one to one" live debate on radio, with people such as Euro MPs, and that tosser Nigel Farange of UKIP)

Its easy to spot with experience. (which i have) :lol:

Get real Bob, there aint any Vice-Admirals in the MCA, he's an ex RN Vice-Admiral and CC is right on the money.

Bang on seafoods my son is in the navy in the thick of things and his words were this man will agree to status quo its his job though he knows very little about what he is agreeing to.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

While serving as Second Sea Lord Sir Alan Massey dreamt up the Maritime Change Programme (MCP) to 'rationalise' Britains naval bases - all subs to Faslane, all major surface ships to Portsmouth, amphibians, landing craft and Royal Marines to Devonport. Real fears now exist that Portsmouth and Faslane could become terrorist targets because of this 'all eggs in one basket' policy - and real fears that Devonport will be very easy to close down now under 'budget constraints'. There you go then Bob, he could do your area a massive employment favour by causing both Falmouth Coastguard and Plymouth Devenport to close down.

Chris

I dont want to bog this thread down with the why's and wherefore's of the fire service, but 5 minutes is a he'll of a long time in the development of fire. It's often said, and really is true, that seconds can make the difference between life and death, but minutes will definitely make a difference. What would happen to the 12 people who have 'real' fires in a year on that fire stations ground, if they don't manage to get themselves out in time?

(forget the first fire, that Christmas tree might as well be a canister of petrol)

I haven't read the link, but suspect this little station is retained? ( I used the term, 'in the sticks' to describe remote areas)

This 'huge' station you mention will still only have two pumping appliances at the most, a pump and a pump ladder. These are the appliances that are able to deal with house fires, among other things. If it is a big station it may have a few 'specials', i.e, a turntable ladder or hydraulic platform, a rescue tender, a hose-layer, command unit, etc, along with the two pumping appliances. These aren't mobilised to house fires. Plus, these two pumping appliances at this huge station will be there to cover the risks on that stations own ground, not to cover everyone else's. If they are out, attending an incident on their own ground, and the small station has been closed, then what?

Not saying there aren't saving to be made, but in my opinion they are to be found in the number of middle and senior managers, with their big salaries and pensions to match. That is why the management position is always different to that of front line staff. Cameron said he would be looking to make cuts without affecting front line services, but when it's management who tell him where the savings are to be made, that's going to be very difficult.

Do you think people will be getting a council tax rebate for the inferior public services they will be getting as result of all these cuts?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net