Shortest day tomorrow

Tigger

Sorry to rain on your happiness.

But my grandfather used to say "The cold strengthens as the light lengthens,"...I have to agree with him as January and February are usually much colder than December.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

But my grandfather used to say "The cold strengthens as the light lengthens,"...I have to agree with him as January and February are usually much colder than December.

Yeah I know but you never know there's always a chance it may be slightly warmer since wev'e had such a cold spell so early...it's happend before so here's hoping ;)

Guess I better get praying to a sun God...hehehe

Funny when all the scientists started their chat about Global warming I can remember then saying we would have a semi Mediterranean winter, like all scientist they say anything and forget some of us might remember them saying it, they have changed their tune 3 times to my knowledge.

I was hoping that they had got it right the first time...Oh Well! Never mind. I don't go out these days when it gets to -2 too cold for the old ticker breathing becomes too much effort

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Well, tomorrows the shortest day so wev'e broke it's back and the days start to lengthen once more :clap2:

Pedant alert - Solstice this year is at 2338 tonight - ie just before midnight which means the 22nd will be equal shortest day with the 21st (to within fractions of a second! :rolleyes: )- the days don't start lengthing until the 23rd! :D

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Pedant alert - Solstice this year is at 2338 tonight - ie just before midnight which means the 22nd will be equal shortest day with the 21st (to within fractions of a second! :rolleyes: )- the days don't start lengthing until the 23rd! :D

C.

Isn't it true also that the evenings have started to move already but the mornings are still getting darker until first week in january.

John

I know the old saying well but I hope for all our sakes its wrong this year.

John

Also supposed to be having a lunar eclipse (or a loony one :lol: ) chief Druid Arthur Pendragon says it will affect geminians most. The trouble is too much cloud to see it.

Klaus

Isn't it true also that the evenings have started to move already but the mornings are still getting darker until first week in january.

John

Correct!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=136

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog