Powerpro Braid

Bobt

Bobt - the 10lb PowerPro is truly like a 2lb mono but maybe a little less stiff. I use it on U/L rods and do fine with it - necessary for tossing 1/32 to 1/8 oz lures with a very light and short rod.

However, unless you really want to fish light, I'd suggest the 20lb which behaves like a zero-memory mono of around 6lb b/s at a diameter of 0.13mm or even the 30lb which is like an 8-9lb mono at a diameter of 0.15mm.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Bobt,

Unless you are HUGHLY specialized EXTRODNAIRLY skilled that stuff is a nightmare in 6, 8, 10. I am not even sure they manufacture 6 any longer. The 6 is/was only recommended for vertical fishing (Berkley Whiplash). Do you use a pole? When drawn across the hand in a sawing motion under pressure it is sharper than most knife blades.

As Newt said diameter of 20 is as small as 6 mono, actually smaller than most monos. Consider a heaiver breaking strength and compaire diameters rather than tensile breaking strength.

Phone

Many thanks lads,will consider your advice about the 20lbs breaking strain,have ordered from Cabelas before ,but have had to wait up to 10 weeks for delivery,any tips for UK suppliers of Powerpro, I would be very gratefull.Bob

Bob, last year we discussed this, and Rob T of Game-on tackle said that they were now the sole importers of P.P into u.k, they can be contacted here.

tel. 01590 612608

mailto:rob@game-online.co.uk

Myself I buy from Dave Lumb, but Leslies of Luton used to stock P.P in 10lb, could try them.

D.Lumb + Leslies have web sites for contact,

i to have been searching for power pro in less than the 30lb that i use.i feel that when i am targeting chub with some smaller lures the 30lb bs feels a little to heavy for the 2in lures. i have been using 15lb new tech but imo it does not compare with power pro. 15lb power pro anyone???

Danny H:

Bob, last year we discussed this, and Rob T of Game-on tackle said that they were now the sole importers of P.P into u.k, they can be contacted here.

Yup. PowerPro at this point has selected one and only one outlet per country except for North America.

Last I remember reading, the price from the UK outlet works out very close to the US price plus the extras you have to pay.

You can always find contact information for their current distributor for a given country from their web site at http://www.powerpro.com/ .

[ 01 May 2002, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just a quick word of caution. I ordered some 10lb powerpro last year and when it arrived it was labled up as both 10lb and 10kg. Having had a play with it, I have no doubt that it is in fact 10kg. It's a bit stiff for chucking UL plugs and spinners for chub but nice for general light lure work.

If you're ordering from a european distributor, double check the stated BS in both lb's and kg's.

I am interested to hear that they definatly do make lighter lines though because although the stuff I got was a bit heavy for what I had planned, I can't fault the quality of the product.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.