League Against Cruel Sports

Adrian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a surprise! Hunting with hounds not even buried and the antis have upped the ante and are after shooters. Make no mistake fishing will be next.

And how hypocritical some people are! Can't you see, that to a large proportion of the general public, a fox being killed by hounds is not much different to a bird being shot out of the sky or a stag being shot in cold blood or hooks being stuck in fish.

How are you going to defend our sport when you can't say, "Well, it's not as bad as hunting".

And, by the way, how do you justify our sport to the huge number of people, mostly women, who think angling is cruel, but turn a blind eye to the plight of garden birds that their precious cats kill regularly! You cannot argue logically with them. They think fishing's cruel, end of story!

While fox-hunting was legal we were safe, as long as shooting remains legal we are safe, but when we are the only country pursuit left, watch out!

I agree with Peter.

As far as shooting is concerned I would like to tell a little tale:

I was fishing at Wilstone last year when some passers by asked what the square rush things on the middle bank were. I told they were shooting hides for when the duck shoots were held on the reservoir each year. They responded with distain "How cruel". My response was to ask them whether they ate chicken to which they replied yes. "Do you insist on it being free range?" I asked to which the reply was no. Well said I the ducks on here live a free on the reservoir. Those that are unlucky enough to get shot during one of the shoots are collected up and taken away to be sold as free range duck for human consumption. They have a much better life (and death) than their farmed compatriots and certainly a much nicer life than the chickens which the passers by were happy to consume. It was clear that they had not thought about this issue in a clear objective way.

And therein lies the point of my post. We should support that which can be supported and not that which cannot. In the 21st century I can justify shooting and fishing with ease but setting dogs on an animal.... enough said !!!

Coxie,

Whilst fishing I can practice C&R.

The bird or stag is killed. Current theroy has it that dead is for a very long time.

Phone

PS I'm pro handgun ownership, shooting, hunting and fishing by any number of means at your disposal.

miasma:

Peter...I think you will find that the source of

Countryside Alliance's financial backing is a lot

closer to home than China......

Be Lucky!....miasma..

My informant is involved with a major angling body. I don't doubt what you have said but perhaps there are two major sources of CA income, just maybe they are related? Personally I should like to know before I reconsider my option to join the CA.

[edit note: sorry, comments may have been accurate but are also libelelous. Removed for the moment - Newt]

[ 02 May 2002, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

are ALL ANTI`S vegetarian or vegan? :confused:

i ask because if they are not then it seems strange to me,if they are against shooting and hunting because it is sooo distastefull.

how can they be against these and eat meat?after all aren`t cows pigs,and sheep lined up to have a bolt blasted through there brains?chickens and fowl ohh yeah there hung up and run across an electric wire (zapp) doesnt kill all of them though some go into the plucking machine ALIVE.

can someone answer me this,why is it distastfull in a field but acceptable in a sluaghter house or factory? :confused:

am i mad or is the world strange? :confused:

and no i am neither veg or vegan.

later guys i`m going fishing

Peter...from a report leaked to and published by

The Observer,26th September 1999....

Includes.....Prince Charles,Sir Hardy Amies

Lord Vestey,Duke of Northumberland,

Duke of Westminster,Sir Robert McAlpine and

Persimmon Homes.

I wonder what interest the last two would have in

the Countryside Alliance?

Be Lucky! ....miasma..

Miasma, there is another member...me

Den

Sir Robert McAlpine certainly used to fish for Salmon.

[ 01 May 2002, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic