League Against Cruel Sports

Adrian

Hi.

Quote Daily Telegraph today

"The league against cruel sports is proposing to amend its constitution to commit itself explicitly to campaigning to ban shooting"

Complete the phrase, Huntin' Shootin' F******.

Support for Hunters against the Antis was a divisive issue. How do you stand on this latest development?

Are we kidding ourselves if we think we are not next?

Adrian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once wrote to the (once upon a time) director of the League Against Cruel Sports, praising his pro-angling stance in the letter column of a national newspaper.

In his reply, he pointed out that he had been an angler in his youth and could see no connection whatsoever between coarse angling and an animal being ripped to pieces by hounds.

Unfortunately he moved (or was moved?) on :(

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

This could get interesting,,, If I, as a shooter, asked for your support, would you give it to me ?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Adrian,

You don't have enough astricks (*) for "procreating". If they weren't talking about the "F" word I think they would have said fishing.

Phone

In the hills on North Carolinia where Newt is from the Phrase is REDNECK, "fightin', fishin' and f*****'" If we can't stop em', might as well laugh at em'.

[ 30 April 2002, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: phonebush ]

Poledark,

Yes, I would give my support to shooting.I am not a fox hunt lover, but see that sport as the 'front line'. The antis seem to think they have won that battle and are at the second line (shooting). How long till they reach us?.

Phone.

Perhaps they will get round to banning F****** as well!. Must be a chance of it, after all, it is enjoyed by a lot of people and will be one of the few pleasures left to us.They want to ban evrything else. Best go do some now, while its still legal! goodnight.

Adrian

The LACS told me over 20 years ago that they would target hunting first then shooting & fishing.

I would not believe at the time that they had a chance of getting any banned!!!!!

I have said on here before, we WILL come under fire one day. :(

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

What you all have to remember is that the vast majority of these anti groups are nowadays lead by highly paid professional agitators.

To them hounding others is a business and a profitable one at that the people at the top know that it will be many a long year before they will if ever get anywhere near getting angling banned to them that is not a problem as it keeps them in a job!

Time was when I was younger we had more important things to think about like trying to convert the world to left wing politics because we belived that it would be a change for the better.

For those that chose the single issue route CND was the trendy option as there was a real fear of a nuclear war in prospect as the US and USSR eyed each other over heavily manned defences.

The really sad thing is that the political process is so discredited that those who have some measure of altruism however misguided feel that the only way to make a difference is to join a single issue group and in the world out there there are many sharks waiting to sign them up with LACS now being amongst them.

It was not that long ago that LACS stated that they had no intention of ever having a go at angling their sole target was hunting.......

Hypocrasy Certainly!!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

To some my stance on this matter might seem hypocritical. But I don't think I am alone. I grew up in a huntin',fishin', shootin' family and was schooled in a Norfolk country school where most of the pupils were farming/landowner types so have always had friends and family on that 'side of the fence'. It certainly is not a 'class war' attitude but I am totally opposed to fox hunting, I find it abhorant. Not so much the killing but the heathern, barbaric delight & celebration in the death of a warm blooded animal. For that reason I can not, and will not support the CA. When fox hunting is eventually banned, as I hope that it will, then I might join the CA, if it continues. I will certainly support the Shooters etc. and I believe others will also choose to do so. When fox hunting goes I believe that CA membership could soar, not because shooters & fishers feel more vulnerable, but because they will no longer be allying themselves with fox hunting.

I had a discussion the other night with some high profile anglers, all felt that the CA/NAA/SAA situation was not healthy for angling. One comment was made that bears consideration. There is a theory, and I stress the word 'theory', at a reasonably high level, that Chinese money is largely behind the CA. Not so silly when you think about it. Where does most of the worlds fishing tackle come from nowadays? So, in order to 'pander' to the Chinese the CA needs to be seen to be linked with angling. So who needs who?

[ 02 May 2002, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

quote:

the pagan delight & celebration in the death of a warm blooded animal.

Why do people always assume pagans delight in killing things??

If you were to read the defenition of pagan you would see that we are actually people who hold a belief that nature is "god" & as such we have great respect for nature (the term mother nature came from the pagans).

Druidic people were the ones who made live sacrifices not us, but the two are always wrongly associated together.

Druidism & paganism are not the same.

[ 01 May 2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: ALAN FAWCETT ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them