Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, the preverbial has just hit the fan in a big way!

I'm told that Arthur has "unwittingly" pulled the AT's pants down around their ankles with regards to a sea angling licence!

Brilliant Wayne!

He who lives by the Sword!!

This link is working...Not sure where the other disappeared too!

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/S...-Angling-Trust/

I'm told that Arthur has "unwittingly" pulled the AT's pants down around their ankles with regards to a sea angling licence!

Let's face it, Wayne, that was one of the worst kept secrets in angling.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Let's face it, Wayne, that was one of the worst kept secrets in angling.

Here's another one.

IMO if this gets off the ground a record fish will mean absolutely nothing.If people don't want to kill a fish,then don't claim it.This World is slowly going completely bonkers.

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Sea-Angler/Sect...-rules-rethink/

KA's views on a Sea Angling Licence are nothing new - http://holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/alan...ry-rod-licence/ - Nor is his support for the AT.

What I did find amusing and probably more worrying for the AT is the potential revenue that would be lost to them if they were to actually publicly boot out Sea Anglers. Nice option to get rid of the dirty relation but not so good when going for funding as a 'national angling body'.

Ron, thanks for the link on the ironically named "Save Our Sea Records Campaign" Almost as amusing as AT proposing to collect fishing licence revenue in place of the EA - http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/S...nteer-policing/

Now, did I tell you about that 20lb Weaver Fish, I have a photo somewhere...

I ran into some serious opposition from some on Leon’s mail list back in the spring when DEFRA asked for comments with regard the Tope ban.

I sent a response suggesting the ban was unfair if commercials were allowed to land up to 100lb of Tope per day yet anglers are allowed none.

If the regulation was applied equally then any record fish captured could be weighed in.

Not long after there was indeed one claim that had to be returned by a Portsmouth charter boat.

The stick I got from many up on the east coast was quite remarkable and all are presumably AT members.

Tight Lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

I ran into some serious opposition from some on Leon’s mail list back in the spring when DEFRA asked for comments with regard the Tope ban.

I sent a response suggesting the ban was unfair if commercials were allowed to land up to 100lb of Tope per day yet anglers are allowed none.

If the regulation was applied equally then any record fish captured could be weighed in.

Not long after there was indeed one claim that had to be returned by a Portsmouth charter boat.

The stick I got from many up on the east coast was quite remarkable and all are presumably AT members.

Tight Lines Bob

What do you expect from Leon Roskilly's mailing list, Bob? They are all hand picked party faithful and not representative of the country's grass roots sea anglers, by any means.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

What do you expect from Leon Roskilly's mailing list, Bob? They are all hand picked party faithful and not representative of the country's grass roots sea anglers, by any means.

Well I did get kicked off as a result, but to be fair I complained and have since been reinstated.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

I don't think I am liable to get on a mailing list here.psml!!

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/HomePage2/fishi...p;start-page=50

Edited by Ronessex

Well I did get kicked off as a result, but to be fair I complained and have since been reinstated.

I got kicked off when I suggested that Greg Whitehead was a w4nker.......I didn't ask to be re-instated. After all, Greg Whitehead is a W4nker!

Found my address yet Greg?.......you w4nker!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!