Prowla Platinum Drop Shot 7ft 5-28g - Anyone got one?

Hopinc

Hi Anderoo,

Came across this advert on Ebay for the Fox drop shot rod in the 4.5 to 28g range, with free express delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Fox-Rage-D...223099143267462

I am not sure if this is the exact rod you are looking for, but I hope it is of help to you.

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that Hopinc, but I have now ordered one from Fosters. I'm a bit unsure which one that is on ebay actually, the m to ft measurements don't tally! It is the same rod though, I have ordered the medium length one at 255cm (just over 8ft).

Steve, this one also has a spliced tip and is the last bit of tackle I am waiting for. Once that's turned up I'll have everything I need, and can bring it all to the work party in 3 weeks for you to have a look at and play with :)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Steve, this one also has a spliced tip and is the last bit of tackle I am waiting for. Once that's turned up I'll have everything I need, and can bring it all to the work party in 3 weeks for you to have a look at and play with :)

Great!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

PPS I've been playing around with the bits and practicing tying the hooks on properly, and with the fluorocarbon I have, a palomar is totally solid. I can't break it with my hands, anyway.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Guys,

Just been fishing for the first time this year (1.5 hrs on the Rochdale Canal). I started off drop shotting with the hope of getting the odd Perch. Being so bright it was a pretty much a lost cause, even in the darker areas under and alongside bridges and locks - nothing showed.

Switching to a spinner and moving to a different location, the first fish I hooked was a bit of a surprise (foul hooked actually). A massive dust bin lid of a Bream. Despite this fish not counting, as it was hooked near the tail fin, it gave the Prowla Drop Shot Rod a good workout .

Changing to a small red and yellow "Dardevle" spoon I quickly hooked into a nice 6.5lb'ish Jack Pike, in superb condition, which tested both line and rod. This fish was caught fair and square this time :fishing: .

I can report that the Prowla makes a very effective spinning rod, that has a strong backbone to put pressure on bigger fish. The line I was using, also for the first time, was 10lb 4oz Fox SoftSteel braided line - I like it and can recommend it.

More anon.

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Well the rod has finally turned up! First impressions are that it looks and feels like I was expecting, so that's good. The tip is very fine indeed and the rod very stiff. Hopefully when I post again I can tell you what it's like to actually fish with :)

Well the rod has finally turned up! First impressions are that it looks and feels like I was expecting, so that's good. The tip is very fine indeed and the rod very stiff. Hopefully when I post again I can tell you what it's like to actually fish with :)

Any chance of a few pictures of the rod please?

What reel and line are you going to be using?

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

Any chance of a few pictures of the rod please?

What reel and line are you going to be using?

I'll take some later if I get a chance. Reel will be a small fixed spool reel I have knocking around, mainline will be 10lb yellow power pro, and leader will be 6.6lb fluorocarbon (for perch).

PS some pics here (better than I'll be able to take!): http://www.harrissportsmail.com/LargeImage...x?ModelID=18262

Edited by Anderoo

• 4 months later...

Dam do a dropshot rod but i am thinking of having a look at one of these http://www.lure-world.com/product_info.php?products_id=690 ,Matt a mate and fellow portabote devotee has a rod from this stable and rates it Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: