Taking a coarse fish for the pot

tiddlertamer

I like fish fingers and fish cakes ,

Cod who mentioned that ,i said i liked cheap :D

You did. Fishfingers are made from Cod.

Some people dont have a choice theres relatively poor people at all times

So they can buy cheap fish. That's the point I'm making. There's more to life than Cod and Haddock.

no turkey in rissoles unless they have ears ;)

I don't think rissoles have ears but I'm fairly sure turkeys do.

pollack is "fish" you need to pay extra for cod or haddock ,i can eat smoked pollack but its not a tasty fish in any sense i wouldn't buy it deliberately when i could afford haddock (or whatever is equivalent to it today from dodgy sources) you buy "fish" for cats you buy cod or haddock for humans

Well you're probably cooking it wrong or for too long.

unfortunately if i wanted to eat freshwater fish then i would eat african fish ,i dont! if i had to because sea fish were to expensive to eat then i would eat UK freshwater fish for nothing.

Nobody's stopping you now.

i eat when its reduced at the moment mackeral are £3.20 a kilo we will stockpile it .I said you can eat anything i didnt say you must ;)

Very thrifty of you. Nowt wrong with that.

if you covering rubbish fish wih some sauce to make it taste like something else why bother buying fish and chuck the sauce over a bit of bread?

Philistine. I know you like plain, as do I but I also appreciate a bit of 'foreign' muck from time to time. There's nothing wrong with a bit of sauce on fish OR bread for that matter. I like to sook my gravy with a slice of bread too.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but will you eat carp ?

Depends on where it came from really. It would have to come from some pretty clean water for me to go there....again.

If it came from a muddied commercial with 15" of rotting groundbait, pellets, dung and spam on the bottom, then no....probably not.

The stuff I tried before was cleaned in a tank but even then, it didn't do much for me. The monks can have it.

It's up there with hake. Wooly IMO.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

but will you eat carp ?

Haven't as yet but there are some of the nasty things swimming around in the Teme that escaped from some pillock's riverside carp pond in the floods so I'll let you know if one 'acidentally' leaps up the bank B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

the point was about taking one for the pot

some people do most do not and have never done because the fish generally taste awefull so they ate cod or haddock

its down to taste and some people wont eat anything else bar cod or haddock because they "like" the taste ,it doesnt matter if coley tastes fine drizzled in yak urine and baked in albatross turds people like cod or haddock

do "Europeans" eat freshwater fish because they like it or because they have never tasted cod or haddock or purely they can only afford freshwater fish

dont confuse eating with choice in many circumstances.

if you like eating "european" food go ahead but dont be surprised when the price rises and its not as cheap as you wish

for me all the time i can get a bit of cod or haddock i will get it price allowing when i cant i will eat something else if i need to

as i'v often said i have eaten freshwater fish i dont have to now but i'm not saying i wont again if i need to in the future ,i would prefer not to but if i had to i would to survive,for chistsakes i'v sampled fox i'm not adverse to trying anything but i know what i like ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

if you like eating "european" food go ahead but dont be surprised when the price rises and its not as cheap as you wish

That's the point entirely Chesters....I catch my own and I eat what I enjoy or, it goes back!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

your a lucky man ,my mrs historically would crucify anything not in plastic boxes with instructions :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

your a lucky man ,my mrs historically would crucify anything not in plastic boxes with instructions :D

I am. My Mrs eats what she's given :P

some people do most do not and have never done because the fish generally taste awefull so they ate cod or haddock

I don't think so. Having eaten mostly everything that swims round the UK, I can honestly say there's nothing special about Cod or Haddock.

its down to taste and some people wont eat anything else bar cod or haddock because they "like" the taste

Rubbish. Brits are notorious for having the worst, least nutritious, least varied diet in the Europe. Brits just won't TRY stuff they don't recognise immediately. We claim to like curry. Even the most popular Indian curry is a British invention, bastardised from Heinz Tomato Soup (Tikka Masala). That's how bad we are.

People like the Italians and Spanish eat mostly everything because they actually know how to cook fish and treat it properly. They've been living longer than us and making a living from cooking seafood since time began.

it doesnt matter if coley tastes fine drizzled in yak **** and backed in albatross turds people like cod or haddock

do "Europeans" eat freshwater fish because they like it or because they have never tasted cod or haddock or purely they can only afford freshwater fish

There's more to Europe than poor Gypsies and immigrants. Some are even French, Italian, Spanish etc. People who have been making themselves famous the world over for their cooking skills, especially with fish since Jesus was nailed to the cross. The British are famous for frying everything in batter and dying before they're 65.

dont confuse eating with choice in many circumstances

I wasn't. You were, as I've just explained. Not all Europeans are skint.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

:D i dont like cooking so tend to heat in a microwave what it looks like is immaterial :D just enjoying army puddings i got them cheap because the squaddies appear to hate them ,seem fine to me microwaved

foreign cooking is "hiding" if i like beef i will eat a bit of beef if i wanted to cover it in some exotic gravy i would use brown sauce

Edited by chesters1

And you're arguing with a chef about food??

Win for Andy Pandy.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...