Strangest thing

Nugg

I can remember when as a kid I was swimming in the teme when one came flaoting down, just as you describe. I got out that fast I even swam up the bank, and then started bouncing rocks off it. :D Oh such memories.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quinntas:

two yrs ago i hooked a briefcase with about twenty pakistani passports in it.

They were worth a few bob then!!

Since Nug won't let me have my wellie back - - - I'll just have to sulk.

By the way Nugg. Only foreigners call Potter Heigham Potter Hyam, the natives call it Potter Ham.

Re odd catches, I once caught a poachers fyke net. Having caught one I then went to other likely spots and caught three more. Set lines are another thing that I often catch. I also catch scores of discarded groundbait bags :mad: , why don't anglers take their rubbish home with them?

Yes Cookus, tut tut.

[ 12. November 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

A blue plastic sack...with the remains of someones cat/dog and a brick in it. It probably wasnt much to look at in life, in death it looked bloody horrible and smelt well...like a decomoposing body!!!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Seem to recall sometime back in my deep murky past that I managed to hook & land what I think must be the rarest of rare items to frequent our waterways............ A Pike!!!! From memory, I think it weighed a collosal 7lbs and had teeth but it was so long ago now and I struggle to remember the other details.

You've guessed it, yet another blank day last Sunday. Fished @ St Ives (Cambs) with little bruv, four rods from 8:00am to 4:30pm and not even a touch. We legered deadbait roach, trout, smelt, herring, mackerel hard on the bottom & popped up, also tried up in the water under a bung and NOTHING!!!!!

That was our ninth consecutive blank session @ various venues and we are both getting just a bit down in the mouth so has anyone got any tips on tackle, bait or venues? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Do eyebrows and top lips count? I thought everyone did it :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hello,

I hooked a cow once , when back casting while fly fishing, what a run and.....snap!

My father has had a couple of mink while sea trout fishing at night, they swim into the line, panick and go unto a spin and get all tangled, evil little buggers.

I have also hooked a perch at the same time my friend has hooked the same fish. While float fishing in a canal, we were only fishing about 2 feet for tench in a small hole in the weed when we both struck at the same time, and hooked the same perch,with both baits fair and square in his mouth.

i nearly raked out a dead human body once, i was raking a swim on my local canal, when a police diving team showed up and recovered a body from about 10 feet to the left of where my rake was landing.

ADAM