River Soar Fish Thefts

Elton

Poachers are raiding a stretch of river and stealing huge hauls of fish, say angry anglers.

Fishermen are concerned that repeated thefts along the River Soar, from Birstall to Loughborough, are putting fish stocks at risk.

Full article here:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news...il/article.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

-

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Sorry, I don't believe it. You must be aware that special laws have been invoked that stops this kind of fish theft...ok, a few anglers get to lose any rights to eat the odd fish but,the new laws will stop fish theft....we were told so by the EA and the AT therefore, fish theft cannot be happening.

Or am I being a bit naive?

Or, are the powers that be more stupid than we previously thought?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Its old news now,people turning up in vans and netting rivers to take food for the pot,it doesn't look like owt will ever get done to stop this kind of theft,so we will carry on paying for our rod licence while they just carry on poaching for free,I notice the article doesn't mention what nationality they are.This country has bcome a joke and the people who run it need a good kick up the arse. :angry:

I'm not a racist but everyone knows who's taking the fish :/

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I thought the otter debate had finished.. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

anyone with any link at all to "quorn" should be ignored! the obviously fish for nut cutlet fish shapes! :rolleyes:

the usual nonsense and innuendo of bad anglers! how can you say the place is losing fish without seeing how many fish are being taken ? if you (a genuine angler with watercraft of the area) only get a few the "poachers" no doubt sporting telescopic rods and heavy line whilst keeping an eye out for onlookers wont catch many at all.

i would like to see the picture of the nets most phones today have cameras and if one was found it was probably handed in as evidence so there would be pictures from them as well.

there was a report of "immigrants" stripping the pond i bailiff using lines attached to trees (no wonder we cant catch anything!!!) ,on consultation with the informer the "lines" were the tapes used to keep corms away rolled up under the trees they are attached to :rolleyes: they cannot catch because they havnt fathomed out how to at the pond yet :rolleyes:

people calling in on the phone reporting cormorants end up with some idiot pointing to a heron another person phoning up at 2 am because the lock was broken and he couldnt get out was because he was using the wrong bloody key :angry: ,i would doubt any angler they are just as useless as most people in some areas just as i can see why only idiots are bailiffs :sad2:

the anglers think we sit waiting to serve them in the car park 24/7 or have copious amounts of club provided petrol to fly down to help them for the slightest excuse ! i doubt any bailiffs get more than a free permit for their bother i know i use far more petrol bailiffing than the price of a bloody permit! i must be mad!

having to face up to a man mountain because his cheque bounced so your told to remove his permit is far beyond the worth of a permit i can assure you ,some anglers get annoyed having to produce their permit but they would be the first to whine when the bloke next door is fishing without one ,how the fook can i tell whos got one without asking i'm a bailiff not a bloody psychic :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson