Warm weather

Newt

50 degrees and 90% humidity - that is almost unimaginable. I've been in that sort of heat when I lived in Arizona but very low humidity (5%-10% was normal for summer) so with proper precautions, it was tolerable.

What we are having now is not unusual for August but this early in the year, it is scary.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuk! I really feel for you Jan & Newt.

My ideal temperature is 18C (64F). Once it gets above 25C (77F) I try to stay indoors, preferably in air conditioning.

That's why I have a self-imposed closed season, not in the spring, but in July and August.

I think my ancestors must have been Inuits!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

We're used to the steamed glasses, Ken. I usually just leave mine in the truck. :rolleyes:

That's ok if you can see without them :rolleyes: One of the electrical engineers on ARAMCO could not see without his specs, he would walk outside and spend the next few minutes waging war on his specs with heaps of tissues, get into the motor switch on engine + air conditioning and wage war again.

I know one should not laugh but it was hard to resist, he was a one man comedy show when trying to clean his specs and follow a group on a snagging list in and out of new buildings.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Jan V

In this heat we aren't out doing much of anything, either, Steve. I'm off to dog obedience training (outdoors) and it's currently 104F outside. Lots of water going with me.

Edited by Jan V

were off camping next week so it will be winter again :D

27.8 indoors right now ,16.9 outside and 35% hum indoors ,trouble is my monitor could cook eggs it gets so hot the 4 fans in it do little to cool it.

the poxy new fangled double glazing (we cannot see any difference to the old single glazing bar a few draughts) has special glass which in winter bounces back the heat stopping it escaping trouble is it still does it in the summer and its a very big south facing window :o

i would have all windows bricked up ,we have a camera front and back so can see we have a garden if we wish ,my mrs thinks differently :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What we are having now is not unusual for August but this early in the year, it is scary.

Strange. It's been a very cool spring up nawth hyar. I think the fishing patterns are about two weeks behind normal. Sounds like you're in for a sultry hot summer, Newt.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

In this heat we aren't out doing much of anything, either, Steve. I'm off to dog obedience training (outdoors) and it's currently 104F outside. Lots of water going with me.

I think that I should be able to handle your climate. We get it into the high 40sC here with about 35% humidity. Actually that RH isn't bad, if it gets much lower you begin to burn like a crisp. However I have been in places where the temperature has only been 32C but the RH was 100% - that does take the strength out of you! Very uncomfortable too. The highest we had last summer was 48C (118). Christmas and Boxing Days were about 42C so the beaches were crowded both days.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Afraid so severus.

At 15" of rain so far this year, we are even behind last year which was really dry so I guess humidity is about as close to wet as we are getting.

You've had 2 day totals higher than that haven't you?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President