Buying Online

Elton

Do you buy fishing tackle and accessories online? If so, how often? What could be done to make you buy more confidently?

Don't want this thread to be specific to any one company, but I would be interested (as would numerous online retailers) to hear your thoughts.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have purchased bait ingredients, tackle and printer re-fills this week online. I feel that most people are still wary of typing in their credit card details in case the 'hacks' get hold of them. I know the chances of that happening are as likely as me finding a quiet carp fishery :D but it will take time to educate people that online buying is much safer than giving your credit card to a garage for petrol or paying for a meal!

SEA FISHING THE SOUTH WEST

www.seaswest.org.uk

I'll second that KEV!! I buy and sell online quite a lot (In fact I have my own store that I WILL!!!! be opening when I get the time - where do you buy your spare time Elton??) and have no qualms about using my credit card. BUT! I would more readily use NOCHEX!! as they are security personified as far as I am concerned!! And a lot cheaper for retailers and buyers of online goods too. The cost to put money in or remove from your "Virtual" account is at present 99p. All other transactions are free. Ok so some retailers are paying what?? 3/4 % for visa transactions?? This must make this scheme cheaper in the long run??

Basically Elton to answer your original question, feedback!! and It would of course have to be good feedback!! The best place to find that?? why here of course!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Yes I would still buy online. Although i've been stung already by a company. I don't think it would put me off providing the company's are reputable. At the end of the you take a chance.

[ 20 June 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: mkj ]

I buy online regularly, from fishing tackle to computer parts and have no problem/worries about using my credit card. If I did get ripped off with my card I would write to the card supplier explaining the problem and refuse to pay, after all, what court in the country could find you guilty of not paying for something that you have never had?

Go for it....

[ 20 June 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: twitchandjerk ]

I buy quite a few things on line with my card, fishing tackle, printing materials, video cam, gardening, etc, I could go on.

I ususally find I can buy items cheaper on line, but this is sometimes offset by postage and packaging + insurance, but I usually tot up all the figures before I commit to buying, so a bit of browsing is required. My credit card guarantees me cover in any misdealings on the internet, so I'm pretty confident with them.

One brilliant deal I did on the net was for a new printer, I got it at half price £79 (on line deal only) from a very well known high street dealer, and the shop price is still £148. beat that :cool: I'm confident.....

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Ease of use is the most important part of a web shop. It should be easy to navigate and find your way around and it should be fast. The best shops don't have fancy animations and the like - they're functional and fast.

The second key element in my opinion (and where many fall down) is service. If I send an e-mail I expect an answer in a reasonable timescale, even if it's only an acknowledgement of them having received my message. If something is out of stock I'd like to know now and not in 2 weeks time when I ring up to find out where it is. An order tracking system would be nice so that I type in my order number and it displays all the items and when I can expect to receive them.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Yes. I have often bought on line, my only grouse is that it's a bit of a lottery as to delivery times and dates, I have often had to fetch items from carriers depots, when nobody has been able to recieve it at the door. I can't see a way around it though security wise.

So far, so good, re. on-line shopping. Generally if the web site is easy (and quick) to navigate

I will buy what ever it is I am looking for.

Plus points for online stores? ease of use, speed, order confirmation, stock confirmation, order tracking, accurate delivery schedules.

Minus points!!! The opposite of all of the above! It does not matter if the price is cheaper than other stores if I have trouble navigating around the site. Oh, and please include delivery costs in the price for the item.

I do not mind having to go to the courier depot to pick items up if I was not home when they called, rather than they leave them out to be tea leafed by some other *******.