Fish 'n' Tips

Elton

Who?

I remember a chip vending machine in london is that close enough?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Who?

I remember a chip vending machine in london is that close enough?

No, but do the maggot vending machines still exist? 

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Only ever seen one in my life, probably the contents would be 'rescued' nowadays and the owner imprisoned for animal cruelty and perhaps sex trafficking or grooming under age maggots if those judges that placate idiots get their way.

Nice to see you on your own forum sir happy new year

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

21 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Only ever seen one in my life, probably the contents would be 'rescued' nowadays and the owner imprisoned for animal cruelty and perhaps sex trafficking or grooming under age maggots if those judges that placate idiots get their way.

Nice to see you on your own forum sir happy new year

Their site still exists: Mag-it Fishing Bait Vending Machines

Happy New Year!

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

7 hours ago, Elton said:

Blimey ,new venture for Elton or best left alone ? Perhaps PETA has been sending the heavy mob round?

I think in this case small is better ,perhaps maggot grooming has gone unnoticed outside of angling so missed by 'rights' idiots ,worms are a better bet your not boing to get a cloud of worm flies if you open the machine after a week off sick! I presume the machines are refrigerated somehow thats probably a high running cost and will get higher!

Rereading the add they are refrigerated i hope they are kept in the shade! Cooling a steel box wont be cheap in the hot sun (if we get any its been pretty wet here !)

I read with amusement the low income is due to the owner working only 2 days a week due to 'ill health' but his machines will be working 24/7 so not much of an excuse ,if they are continually empty due to high use then install another next to it  😉

Edited by chesters1

Some lead in life, others just follow. You may scoff but the guy built up a fantastic little business that served anglers in a unique and innovative way. He no longer can continue due to I'll health, I wish him well. You don't half talk some rubbish, but I guess some things never change. 

1 hour ago, Blackbird said:

Some lead in life, others just follow. You may scoff but the guy built up a fantastic little business that served anglers in a unique and innovative way. He no longer can continue due to I'll health, I wish him well. You don't half talk some rubbish, but I guess some things never change. 

I'm trying to think when that business started? I remember them years ago around here (he's based a stone's throw from my house) and I definitely recall the machines in Ipswich a long time ago. As you say, it's served anglers well for a long time.

23 minutes ago, Elton said:

I'm trying to think when that business started? I remember them years ago around here (he's based a stone's throw from my house) and I definitely recall the machines in Ipswich a long time ago. As you say, it's served anglers well for a long time.

I think its a brilliant idea, with so many tackle shops going bust and many only hung on because of fresh bait, it really provides a fix for maggot junkies.

Go on Elton you know you want to.😒

7 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I think its a brilliant idea, with so many tackle shops going bust and many only hung on because of fresh bait, it really provides a fix for maggot junkies.

Go on Elton you know you want to.😒

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have enough time in the day to do all the things I'm supposed to be doing, but you'd think one of the bigger tackle shops, such as Birds, might consider it (maybe they have). The concept is sound (my biggest fear would be thieves/vandals). I occasionally use a farm shop nearby that has a vending machine for chilled produce (and even one for milk), so the technology is there to supply all manner of products, not just maggots - About Us – Suffolk Farmhouse Cheese (suffolkcheese.co.uk)