car boot

chesters1

kingfisher:

Why don't anyone come up with some thing usefull about this reel.

I'm sure if Chesters wanted the P!ss taken out of his new aquistion he would have said "Let's take the p!ss out of my reel"

As Chesters is not averse to a little **** taking himself :D I can't see him being too offended by a little in return. The (normally) friendly banter on this site is one of the things that makes it enjoyable.

Sadly I know nothing about his reel, but am very envious that I've never found anything like that (nor even any rare Intrepids for him :( ).

[ 23 June 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: davidP ]

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Talking of Intrepids, is the Envoy worth anything? I've got one in very good nick which I may be tempted to part with.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Lighten up Kingfisher :D

Its only a bit of fun and nothing offensive.

I am sure Chesters is not offended.

I think the Angling term for this pisstaking talk is called "the crack" or is that just for Match anglers.

Carboots are places that stolen tackle is sold.

I wonder why they are not policed?

I have seen baby barn owls and other livestock sold on car boots plus all the usual pirate music, dvds and games e.t.c.

It might be woth taking the registration of the car/van if you see someone selling fishing tackle.

Its not often someone will sell good quality cheap fishing tackle on carboot sales unless they want rid fast.

If i packed in fishing (never) i would not sell my tackle on a car boot as you would get more selling it in classifieds e.t.c.

the envoy crops up on ebay from time to time (keep an eye out for prices ) is it just a black one?

i suppose there are lots of stolen things at car boots ,i am sure this reel was kosher due to its neglect ,all my tackle (that i fish with)is marked with my postcode (using an engraver)the rest is open to an attack from naughty people and as i have no house insurance it would be a case of start again (not the first time) :D:D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Forgive me Chesters as i was not suggesting all tackle sold on car boots is stolen.

If its a full set going cheap then i would be suspicous but the odd bits are a safe bet.

I urge you to insure your tackle and prevent any costly replacements and heartache.

[ 24 June 2002, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Tyke ]

i did see your point tyke ,unless you have the origanal reciept anything can be stolen goods (i even saw "shrek" dvds being sold before the film had been screened over here ,i warned the owner of the field and the seller was evicted ) as for the insurance i had to stop it on being unemployed along with my personal accident policy ,i am only just being to post here by having cut backs ,its all right having a basic benefit rate for the country but unfortunatly it only takes into account what is paid in not what is being paid out :(:):D we went to the car boot with funds from selling a cupboard (its started again :( ) when all the best furniture have gone then so does bt :( ,luckily we moved from a 5 bed house to a 1 bed so have a little longer online :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, I cant say that I enjoy reading some of your rants, seems to me that you are one unhappy fella.... BUT... have you any skills that you can put to use as a self employed.

I ask you this as it is surprising the amount of work that a small 2 or 3 line advert in the local "free" paper can generate.

Could you do a bit of walltiling for example, maybe a bit of decorating?

I think there is a scheme that enables you to do this legally, why not advertise your services as a gardener, something you seem to have been good at.

ask yourself "what can I do?" and then offer your services to others for money, preferably cash.

I have had periods of hardship in my working life and on several occasions have used my last £50 to buy advertising, and on every occasion it has done the trick.

By all means sell your furniture but spend the money raised on selling yourself,you may never look back.

Good luck,

Den :)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Yes, the Envoy is a black one. I've also got a Boy'O.

Have you got the Rola, which at one time I owned - I think it cost 41/6?

I imagine the Diplomats and Challengers are hard to find as they weren't much less than the top of the range Elite. The Elites were my first pair of decent reels - I couldn't afford Mitchells. and if they were good enough for Dick Walker.....

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

yes i have got the rola a dark greyish blue colour , i have got 32 models on my list a lot of them are renamed earlier models as the rola is identical to the fisher7 and the diplomat only the colour is different.

poledark i have lots of skills but none of them anygood for a decent job i.e i can make a pcb thinner than a fagpaper with tracks less than 0.1 mm thick but theres no jobs advertised that need these skills also i used to be a gardener but in this village there are at least 5 (ive found 2 of their adverts weekly in the press looking for work ) something will turn up i`m sure so for the mo alls well in the chesters1 bunker :)