Oh my God.

Quote:

STATEMENT

Thanks for your interest in this. The surveys that were discussed at the ministerial meeting in London on the 25th are still at an early development stage (irrespective of what you may have read on the web) and we are considering a number of options and designs to ensure we get the most reliable data. At this stage it would be premature to release details that may change. Once we have a firm set of proposals in the coming weeks it is our intention to liaise with sea angling bodies to discuss the objectives and plans, and hopefully get your support. I would appreciate your patience, and will let you have the details when available.

end quote.

As i understand it the new sfc's have already been asked to collect this information. That's before they officially come on stream in April.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

STATEMENT

Thanks for your interest in this. The surveys that were discussed at the ministerial meeting in London on the 25th are still at an early development stage (irrespective of what you may have read on the web) and we are considering a number of options and designs to ensure we get the most reliable data. At this stage it would be premature to release details that may change. Once we have a firm set of proposals in the coming weeks it is our intention to liaise with sea angling bodies to discuss the objectives and plans, and hopefully get your support. I would appreciate your patience, and will let you have the details when available.

end quote.

As i understand it the new sfc's have already been asked to collect this information. That's before they officially come on stream in April.

Asked about this at our full IFCA meeting in Cornwall today Barry. Because there was a recommendation on the agenda that requested us to consider in principle draft MOUs between CIFCA and Natural England and more importantly in this regard CEFAS.

In the CEFAS section was a work area = data collection monitoring analysis and reporting. That should establish data sharing agreement between IFCAs & CEFAS

I asked if that meant the CIFCA would be requested to collect data in relation to RSA and there was a negative response from the CFO who suggested if it was to happen it might well fall at my feet. :help:

Tight lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Asked about this at our full IFCA meeting in Cornwall today Barry. Because there was a recommendation on the agenda that requested us to consider in principle draft MOUs between CIFCA and Natural England and more importantly in this regard CEFAS.

In the CEFAS section was a work area = data collection monitoring analysis and reporting. That should establish data sharing agreement between IFCAs & CEFAS

I asked if that meant the CIFCA would be requested to collect data in relation to RSA and there was a negative response from the CFO who suggested if it was to happen it might well fall at my feet. :help:

Tight lines Bob

As i have said, with regards to Steve's postings, there is sooooooo much inconsistency with regards to cefas's clap trap report a bus can be driven through it. They don't deserve to have or collect information. And the report was 'approved' by defra. It's a disgrace. It's misleading, in particular the very start of the report. Who is paying these clowns.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Keep your eyes out for an invitation from our Marine Chairman, John Amery, inviting you to get involved and telling you how to get in touch.

end quote.

How nice, will he be able to let us all have a copy of the minutes with regards to when the sea committee discussed the eel take ban on all angler's behalf. After that bit of openness and transparency we can all put it behind us and move on. Looking forward.

Edited by barry luxton

Quote:

Chief Executive Mark Lloyd said "I hope that our members get involved in forming active regional groups where they go fishing and that they will put themselves forward for election to the important roles of regional Chairmen and Secretaries. These regional groups are vital for the Angling Trust's communication, representation and ability to take action for sea anglers".

Does it mean you have to pay your 25 quid before you can become a regional chairman. Collected by the secretary. :D

Quote:

and that they will put themselves forward for election to the important roles of regional Chairmen and Secretaries. These regional groups are vital for the Angling Trust's communication, representation and ability to take action for sea anglers".

Does it mean you have to pay your 25 quid before you can become a regional chairman. Collected by the secretary. :D

Nice to see that inland counties are included in the Angling Trust Marine Regions.....a little embarassing that they got their own county (AT HQ) wrong!!! Hereford and Worcester? Hasn't been that for years. It's Herefordshire and Worcestershire...two counties :wallbash:

I was also a little confused by this.

Chief Executive Mark Lloyd said "I hope that our members get involved in forming active regional groups where they go fishing

Now I know my multiplier casting has improved a little but not quite so well as being able to cast 50 miles......oh well, must try harder but, with the price of Power Pro it's a costly effort

Now I must try and get involved in that, or will I have to pay £25 before I can have my freedom of speech?......Wil those brain-washed enough to join the AT have more say than mere anglers? Will we have Mark Lloyd sucking up to various parts of DEFRA/EA/NE as he did to Adrian Taylor in the coarse fish and grayling debacle?

Answers on a postcard to 'You've been framed'

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The Angling Tusts position is set out in their latest newsletter at:

http://emarketing.blue-leaf.co.uk/t/ViewEm...4AF8F7A76570606

Yes, and in real terms, it means jack 5hit.

We have stressed to Defra that there is no incentive for anglers to provide data unless:

1. One of the objectives of any data collection project is to improve and develop recreational sea angling;

OK, lets say that is one of the objectives. What about all the other objectives, like log books, registration schemes, bag limits and compulsory C&R? What effect will they have on sea angling? A lot also depends on whether you think sea angling needs improving and developing.

2. Where the data collected shows that recreational sea angling exploitation derives a better return for the UK than commercial exploitation steps will be taken to integrate the requirements of recreational sea angling into fisheries management measures and

So, as long as Defra take steps to integrate the requirements of sea anglers into fisheries management, (like inclusion in the CFP, for instance?), on the back of some dubious statistics, sea anglers will provide the data they need to do whatever else they want to do. ie, bag limits, licences, log books, compulsory C&R, etc.

3. All data collected is made freely available in its raw form to ensure accountability and transparency and to give anglers confidence in the process.

In that case, it doesn't matter whether the data gathered results in restrictions and regulations being imposed upon sea anglers, as long as we get to see it.

To me, this is just the setting of easily attainable conditions for Defra to meet, that will enable the AT hierarchy, who seem desperate to get involved in the data gathering process, to cooperate with them.

Anyone remember the old NFSA's position on the sea angling licence?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Quote:

Chief Executive Mark Lloyd said "I hope that our members get involved in forming active regional groups where they go fishing and that they will put themselves forward for election to the important roles of regional Chairmen and Secretaries. These regional groups are vital for the Angling Trust's communication, representation and ability to take action for sea anglers".

Yes, and then if they don't like you, they boot you out!

Only yes men need apply.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

2. Where the data collected shows that recreational sea angling exploitation derives a better return for the UK than commercial exploitation steps will be taken to integrate the requirements of recreational sea angling into fisheries management measures and

So, as long as Defra take steps to integrate the requirements of sea anglers into fisheries management, (like inclusion in the CFP, for instance?),

3. All data collected is made freely available in its raw form to ensure accountability and transparency and to give anglers confidence in the process.

Err, hope not, the cfp is broke. Too many snouts. No amount of shuffling, jigging, wheeler dealing, managing will fix it, so to drag a successful part of the angling scene into some dirge or other will be folly. Leave well alone. They would need a transparent org to collect it, if ever, the anglers would need some org they can trust, if ever.

Edited by barry luxton