NIGHT FISHING

Janet

Congratulations Janet on your first all nighter, the report was excellent, sounds like it was good fun, will look forward to seeing the pictures

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul - please do us all a favour on your next outing and take a long a recording device.

We all suspect that Janet picks on you unfairly about your singing but if we could only hear some samples, we would know for sure. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, although I wind him up about his singing, he actually (and please don't tell him I said this....) has a very good voice. So much so that I requested that he sing "On the street where you live" from My Fair Lady....it must be my age!!!

Apparently he also plays guitar, but I'm not going to request that he brings that to the bankside, as he has enough trouble keeping his pole under control!

As for the tyres....it wasn't me! HONEST! I would've done something much more simple, like putting maggots in his butties....

Seriously though, I was sitting here uploading photo's of the weekend ready to post, when I got a call from him, telling me that some no brain low-life had slashed his tyres, putting him out of action for a while. It's absolutely sickening. Paul really needs his car to get around. Nothing much the Police can do, with no witnesses, so he's left to foot the bill and suffer the inevitable cost and inconvenience.

I really hope that it's true what they say, and what goes around comes around, because these cretins deserve all they get. Unfortunately, they'll probably get away with it.

Janet

Paul - please do us all a favour on your next outing and take a long a recording device.

We all suspect that Janet picks on you unfairly about your singing but if we could only hear some samples, we would know for sure. :D

:thumbs: Hi Newt. She is very hard on me you know. I don't think my voice is that bad. She beets me with a stick when ever I catch a fish. She is cruel and vindictive. I believe she has bought a whip this week to hurt me properly. This is a cry for HELP Newt. Please sort her out. She will listen to you. :P She wouldn't allow me to record my singing. If I did it secretly, and she found out, I would be DOOMED. Last Friday whilst night fishing, she made me sit all night with my feet in the cold pond water. She said that the rats will chew off my toes. What can I do. :yucky:

Just a few pics to show where I've been. Small, but perfectly formed....wouldn't suit everyone, but it suits me.

The view from "Janet's Jetty"

janet-1.jpg

Roy, trying to hide in the margins....

janet-2.jpg

Ray's snaggy, but productive swim...

janet-3.jpg

The view from the loo..

janet-4.jpg

janet-5.jpg

My kind of place....

Janet

{note - photos resized to 800x600 as requested. Newt}

look nice but for the abundance of wood :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What a great looking pond. I'm not surprised you like it so well.

It is so unlike most of our waters but I have fond memories of fishing similar ones when we visited.

pm sent re: photo sizing

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks for that Newt. I'll have a fiddle around tonight and try and sort it for next time.

Chesters, I take your point, but a lot of the wood you see will be covered up when the lilies and bulrushes grow some more. We've just pulled out a lot to stop them covering the entire lake. Normally most of the pegs are virtually hidden. As it's a relatively new water, I can't wait to see it in a few years when it has matured.

The other wood is essential - we have elderly and infirm members, some into their 80's, so the pegs and where necessary, the handrails are essential for both comfort and safety. Some of the pegs have quite a steep drop down to the water. We've also got a few wheelchair users, so have tried to make the place accessible to them as much as we can, whilst trying to keep it as natural looking as possible. I think we've done a pretty good job.

As I said, it may not suit everyone, but it certainly suits me and most of our members, as we currently have a waiting list. Although I love my fly fishing, and fishing the rivers, there are times when it's nice to just be able to find a comfortable spot without having to clamber down a bank, wade through nettles and set up in the mud...

I admit it. I'm getting lazy in my old age!

Janet