Who DOES Know About Marine Conservation Zones?

Elton

Hi Corydoras

In reply to your question ‘Let's start with some data supporting your hypothesis that of Global Climate Change is a myth.’ Well now try any of the links below they might help not that it has any thing to do with the topic in hand.

http://www.globalwarminghysteria.com/ten-m...global-warming/

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/moregw.htm

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/daily_green_ne...ct-or-myth.html

Hi Flapper

The best way I can explain my theory is that you must realise that 75% of the UK CF fleet are the under tens to which you refer. It would be no real hardship to these boats to be prevented from fishing inside the six mile limit, but a huge benefit for the fish. I would also point out that a good few of the owners of the under tens are funded from having decommissioned over tens often boats that were long past their sale by date.

Steps might also be needed to prevent increased static netting as a result of the changes I would like to see, but don’t worry it wont happen any more than we can stop the conservation mob.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Corydoras

In reply to your question ‘Let's start with some data supporting your hypothesis that of Global Climate Change is a myth.’ Well now try any of the links below they might help not that it has any thing to do with the topic in hand.

http://www.globalwarminghysteria.com/ten-m...global-warming/

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/moregw.htm

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/daily_green_ne...ct-or-myth.html

Hi Flapper

The best way I can explain my theory is that you must realise that 75% of the UK CF fleet are the under tens to which you refer. It would be no real hardship to these boats to be prevented from fishing inside the six mile limit, but a huge benefit for the fish. I would also point out that a good few of the owners of the under tens are funded from having decommissioned over tens often boats that were long past their sale by date.

Steps might also be needed to prevent increased static netting as a result of the changes I would like to see, but don’t worry it wont happen any more than we can stop the conservation mob.

Hi again deano.

So are you saying that 75% of the commercial fishing fleet are under ten’s and that to stop those trawling would be no real hardship? Then you go on to say that you think that they should also be limited static net fishing inside the 6 mile fishing limits? Have I got that correct?

What percentage of actual fish caught in UK Waters does that 75% of the fishing fleet catch?

What percentage of the UK cod quota (for example) does the under 10,s hold?

I understand what you mean by saying that the fish would benefit, but would the local fishing communities?

Surely the theory of a marine conservation zones should be to the benefit of all?

Flapper.

Hi again deano.

So are you saying that 75% of the commercial fishing fleet are under ten’s and that to stop those trawling would be no real hardship? Then you go on to say that you think that they should also be limited static net fishing inside the 6 mile fishing limits? Have I got that correct?

What percentage of actual fish caught in UK Waters does that 75% of the fishing fleet catch?

What percentage of the UK cod quota (for example) does the under 10,s hold?

I understand what you mean by saying that the fish would benefit, but would the local fishing communities?

Surely the theory of a marine conservation zones should be to the benefit of all?

Flapper.

Hi Flapper

Can I make clear what I said 'I see no hard ship on the under tens being banned from using mobile gear inside the six mile limit' meaning that to travel beyond six miles is no real hardship for them.

I assume you have been angling by boat and are aware that the closer to shore the more likely you are to catch juvenile fish.

That is not to say that you will not find them further out but the amount will differ significantly the further from the shore you travel.

It is therefore sensible to protect this venerable inshore area from the mass take when mobile gear is used.

The idea has no reflection on the quota given to the under tens which is just three percent of the UK total quota. They can and would still be able to catch their quota and likely as not with reduced discard. So no one need suffer within these local communities as you suggest.

Tight lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0

Just to raise the blood pressure of you commerical boys , it is being proposed that within these MCZ there will no take zones where all fishing including rod and line fishing will be banned.

This has put a big smile on my face as one of the porposed MCZ is of Sennen cove and this hopefully put and end to the knuckle draggers seined netting Mullet

Just to raise the blood pressure of you commerical boys , it is being proposed that within these MCZ there will no take zones where all fishing including rod and line fishing will be banned.

This has put a big smile on my face as one of the porposed MCZ is of Sennen cove and this hopefully put and end to the knuckle draggers seined netting Mullet

Sennen Cove MCZ reffrance area wont happen, as to many have objected, me for one as the area is one of the best species areas for boat fishing, then you have the surfers who bring vital trade to the local area, local crab and lobster also would be banned and for what some mussels that are now farmed else were in the UK or oysters again plentiful in other places not so very far from Sennen.

Oh and your Mullet funney how they turn up year on year just as many get caught year on year.

Tight lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0

Hi Flapper

Can I make clear what I said 'I see no hard ship on the under tens being banned from using mobile gear inside the six mile limit' meaning that to travel beyond six miles is no real hardship for them.

I assume you have been angling by boat and are aware that the closer to shore the more likely you are to catch juvenile fish.

That is not to say that you will not find them further out but the amount will differ significantly the further from the shore you travel.

It is therefore sensible to protect this venerable inshore area from the mass take when mobile gear is used.

The idea has no reflection on the quota given to the under tens which is just three percent of the UK total quota. They can and would still be able to catch their quota and likely as not with reduced discard. So no one need suffer within these local communities as you suggest.

Tight lines Bob

Have caught juvenile fish all over the North Sea. Certainly not restricted to inside of six miles. You say that working outside of the six mile limits would be no hardship for the under 10,s why do you think that they are built to be under 10,s?

So if you say that 75% of the fishing fleet has allocated just 3% of the allowable quota you want to target this sector of the fishing industry by removing from them the grounds that they had there boats built to fish?

Flapper.

Have caught juvenile fish all over the North Sea. Certainly not restricted to inside of six miles. You say that working outside of the six mile limits would be no hardship for the under 10,s why do you think that they are built to be under 10,s?

So if you say that 75% of the fishing fleet has allocated just 3% of the allowable quota you want to target this sector of the fishing industry by removing from them the grounds that they had there boats built to fish?

Flapper.

YES That is exactly what is required and an under ten boat built to trawl will have no problem going beyond the six mile area.

Edited by Deene'0

Hi Flapper

Tight lines Bob

Hello Bob

I assume you have personly witnessed this mass take by inshore mobile gear, or are you a victim of the state of fear created by the conservationists ?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Bob

I assume you have personly witnessed this mass take by inshore mobile gear, or are you a victim of the state of fear created by the conservationists ?

Ahh yes, gives me the opportunity to put this one up again. Snigger. :D

ukfinestinshorefleet.jpg

i'm orfff :lol:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ahh yes, gives me the opportunity to put this one up again. Snigger. :D

ukfinestinshorefleet.jpg

i'm orfff :lol:

Where is the info on what is being caught ?

Probably a hand full of cuttles and not much else.

I fish to live and live to fish.