Who DOES Know About Marine Conservation Zones?

Elton

Oh how I laughted at the picture of that trawler, funny it,s never fish there trawling for. The skipper lost his dentures over the side and would like them back ect. Having more than a few trips ruined by ***** trawling 100yrds off the shore moving them 6miles out to sea has certain apeal.

Why is it soon as the word conservation is mentioned we have such a negative reponse, which leads me to belive most of those oposed are comerical fishermen who are lurking on a recreational fishing forum who would be better off on there own site Gill netting today or Why I love Pair trawling.Conservation is a good thing for the ordinary fisherman because in the long term it will lead to better sport which is what this forum should be about better sport for all and not protecting comerical interests

As a surfer having a MCZ at Sennen will not stop me from surfing there so your point was ?

Actually looking at this map here Sennen is being proposed as a MCZ reference area (not just simply a MCZ zone) which, if you read up on what will and won't be allowed in these areas (try here specifically page 7), may actually restrict or stop your surfing activites as well as any fishing, so i wouldn't gloat too much.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you comerical boys start to say that a conservation idea has merit I might start to listen to you, but every conservation idea is a non starter with you lot. Sooner or later your going to get fed up of catching Dogfish or your punters will.

MCZ will have no effect on surfing unless the waves are breaking 2 miles out to sea

Walk 2 miles down Chesil bank for a trawler to turn up 100yrds offshore you better beleive I was not happy and this has happened on several ocassions which entails me packing up and moving to Dragons Teeth or Ferrybridge, there must be one hell of lot of Cuttle of Chesil as trawlers don,t trawl for fish inshore as you point out. If your a Sea Angler at some time this has happened to you .

Let me ask you a question . Your fishing first drop a 5lb Bass second drop a 6llb Bass and this will carry on all day at what piont do you start to return Bass to fight another day?

If my love of catching Mullet makes me a selfish Bastard so be it

When you comerical boys start to say that a conservation idea has merit I might start to listen to you, but every conservation idea is a non starter with you lot. Sooner or later your going to get fed up of catching Dogfish or your punters will.

MCZ will have no effect on surfing unless the waves are breaking 2 miles out to sea

Walk 2 miles down Chesil bank for a trawler to turn up 100yrds offshore you better beleive I was not happy and this has happened on several ocassions which entails me packing up and moving to Dragons Teeth or Ferrybridge, there must be one hell of lot of Cuttle of Chesil as trawlers don,t trawl for fish inshore as you point out. If your a Sea Angler at some time this has happened to you .

Let me ask you a question . Your fishing first drop a 5lb Bass second drop a 6llb Bass and this will carry on all day at what piont do you start to return Bass to fight another day?

If my love of catching Mullet makes me a selfish Bastard so be it

Do leave off, you telling me that the trawlers are clever enough to dodge the wrecks that are just off the beach. Tell you what, you don't want to listen to a bit of sence being put up, just leave. Missing you already. :bye1:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sorry not a commercial me, kayak fisherman yes, commercial no, I suggest you read this document http://www.finding-sanctuary.org/resources/download/1037.pdf Sennen cove is in the area earmarked for an inshore MCZ reference area (not two miles out at sea), these reference areas are places where (and I quote from the document I linked to in my other post here) all extraction, deposition or human-derived disturbance is removed or prevented. Now going back to my link from an earlier post here you'll find surfing listed as an activity that may be disturbing or damaging and some of the possible mitigations include seasonal closures and restricted access.

Edited by snakey1

Have read Document and no were does it say Surfing will be banned , at worse a code of conduct. At the moment these are just proposals and have a long way to go . Being a Bass /Mullet hugger I try to put the other side of the Argument there are a lot of Comerial fishermen on this site who don,t want any conservation measures at any price and will not give a non basised opinion as they have have a vested interest to keep the statetest quo.

As Memory srves me there are only a couple of wrecks on Chesil bank both being right up ferrybridge end the Adalaide and a Tank landing craft both covered in gill nets

Have read Document and no were does it say Surfing will be banned , at worse a code of conduct. At the moment these are just proposals and have a long way to go . Being a Bass /Mullet hugger I try to put the other side of the Argument there are a lot of Comerial fishermen on this site who don,t want any conservation measures at any price and will not give a non basised opinion as they have have a vested interest to keep the statetest quo.

As Memory srves me there are only a couple of wrecks on Chesil bank both being right up ferrybridge end the Adalaide and a Tank landing craft both covered in gill nets

Jerry I'm not a CF but I do know that gill nets are only soaked on neap tides they are most defiantly not a permanent feature.

The most likely target along the Chisel Bank for trawlers would be flat fish, sole or plaice springs to mind. Thing to remember is that the inshore fleet have just 3% of the UK quota and can often catch that in a day. That should tell you two things 1. There are plenty of those quota fish out there so why the heavy restriction. 2. If it were not for the restriction then these trawlers would more than likely be off shore catching fish with more market value.

Personally as stated earlier I would like to see the trawling effort kept out beyond the six mile limit.

Finally the quote from Snakey 1 'all extraction, deposition or human-derived disturbance is removed or prevented.' Is 100% right and unless the Sennen Cove reference area is changed then your surfing along with the beach and boat fishing that I do there will be affected permanently. Worth noting the penalty for breaching any of these zones will result in up to a £50,000 fine and confiscation order of equipment as in your surf boards and wet suite.

Tight lines Bob

PS This proposal at Sennen has nothing to do with Mullet

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Blimey, it's even worse then, according to you, not only is the beach trawled, it's also gill netted, sounds just like a disaster movie, where did you get all this info from, weren't down the pub was it. :rolleyes:

Your first para, wrong, there is only two or three regular commercials on this site, so where did you get your facts from, assumptions? :rolleyes:

What about say the m2. Wouldn't that one get in the way for a decent tow up or down chesil?

Link to some more.

http://www.burtonbradstock.org.uk/History/...of%20wrecks.htm

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What it actually states in the document in the table on page 7 is that where Surfing/Windsurfing/Kite surfing/Kayaking may be a disturbance to wildlife then possible mitigations are: Seasonal closures, codes of conduct and zoning.

where the afore mentioned sports may cause disturbance to sensitive habitats then possible mitigations are: Restricted access and zoning.

I would suggest that both seasonal closures and restricted access sound like they may seriously affect your surfing fun.

Edited by snakey1

What it actually states in the document in the table on page 7 is that where Surfing/Windsurfing/Kite surfing/Kayaking may be a disturbance to wildlife then possible mitigations are: Seasonal closures, codes of conduct and zoning.

where the afore mentioned sports may cause disturbance to sensitive habitats then possible mitigations are: Restricted access and zoning.

I would suggest that both seasonal closures and restricted access sound like they may seriously affect your surfing fun.

One thing for sure time is running out (all final objections by mid March?) So I would suggest you contact Tony Hills who is the RSA rep for Cornwall, at finding sanctuary pronto, he at least will tell you what is going on and point you to who reps surfers.

Tight lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

secular blokes like him give the rsa a bad name
At the risk of being :offtopic: what's being "secular" got do do with anything? Does one have to have religion in order to have a true grasp of marine conservation? Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote