Berkley artificial corn, maggots, worms

Newt

Just wondered if anyone has ever seen/tried these. I haven't but intend to correct that very soon.

edit note - the link was good but wouldn't work for me either unless I copied the whole (multi line) thing and pasted it

Just use http://www.cabelas.com and search for Berkley Power Naturals

[ 05. March 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The link doesn't work for me, Newt. However I wonder if they're the same as sold over here by Enterprise Tackle, whose products by the way are excellent - and not just their artificial baits.

[ 05. March 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Now I've got a proper link for you, I'd love to have someone take a look.

I'm especially interested in the maggot one since I can't get real ones locally unless I grow them and can only mail-order larger quantities.

I just found these items. I think they must be new. I intend to get a corn (well, that one's not too new) and a maggot and an earthworm to try.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've tried the maggots, they are different to the ones sold by Enterprise Tackle in that they are a very, very soft rubber/latex type material, because of this they are much more life like certainly to touch.

But one of the features I use artificials for is that small fish shouldn't be able to destroy all your bait before a bigger fish gets there, unfortunately with the "maggots" being so soft they get torn of the hook as easily as real maggots so it defeated the object as far as I was concerned, probably if you float fished or similar they would be great.

I can only say myself Newt that the maggots look mighty different to the maggots we may use here!! But something I have had some fish with which you may find available is Mealworms? Usually used as fodder for reptiles and the like.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Fred Guttfield

These are one of the biggest recent revolutions in angling and I love them! I've taken loads of big carp on the fake corn, and had my first fish on the fake bread recently! At first I used the fake corn in conjunction with the real stuff, but now I've got the confidence using just the fake stuff. I keep it in a film canister with a few drops of flavour like Richworth's Condensed Milk or Ocean Fresh's Plum spray. Some of the fake casters and maggots live in the canister too, ready for action! Check out my article on carping with fake and foam corn inc. a rig diagram - http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/fred17.htm hope it helps!

There's also a review of the Power Naturals Carp Bait here:

http://anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/berkley01.htm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I know people that have used lug and ragworm versions for sea fishing. They have caught fish with them.

I am still waiting to hear if the maggots etc work.

I have caught carp on the enterprise tackle dog biscuits. The little weight is a great idea as you know your hook is then the right way up out of sight.

I am going to try their rubber pellets this year

in conjuction with the feeder and method.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• 2 months later...

I tried an Enterprise Tackle dog biscuit for the first time last trip out. I only fished it in the last hour when the carp finally started rising to free offerings. One good rise, one 10¼lb carp, a decent fish by my standards.

A single biscuit survived constant recasting to rising fish and a lively fight, so they are not as daft as they sound. It saves messing with bait bands, super glue or getting the soaking just right. There's also the satisfaction of catching fish on a lump of plastic!

[ 13. May 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: WickerDave ]