Ant's canal in pictures

*Ant*

Paul - It's a half mile stretch of the Coventry Canal just outside Lichfield in Staffordshire. If you are interested send me a pm and i'll return one with a map.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spent the day on anthonys cut today.this is the second time i have fished this stretch of water.last time anthony picked me a`GOOD`peg and i struggled. (cheers anthony! :D )anyway this time i picked my own peg about 100 yards up from the humpback bridge under some over hangging bushes, looked very fishy. armed with a tiny dibber float 1 1/2 lb main line, 10 oz hook link,and a size 24 hook. for bait pinkies and a few marble sized balls of roach/cut ground bait. i was a bit worried that if i hit a BIG gudgeon i might be in trouble with this ultra light gear :D anyway first put in a bite missed that one but had a MASSIVE roach of about 1 oz next put in!

had fish after fish for a couple of hours all roach and perch then temp dropped and fishing became harder. at about 3-30pm the light started to fade (grrrrrrrr bloody short days) caught plenty of small fish that weighed i`d say only about 2lb or so but who cares i had a great day out in the fresh air and loved it!

Saw you swapping pictures and wondered if you'd seen this website ....

edit note from Newt: feel free to start a thread for yourself but from the page (I removed the link)

quote:

We have spoken to our members and responded. As part of the xmas promotion subscriptions will be free until further notice.
the site sounds sorta commercial and that makes your post sorta spam.

And tell the fella who posted Austin, Texas as a venue that Austin is a city, not a carp lake.

Newt

[ 16. November 2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]