Ant's canal in pictures

*Ant*

Looks perfect for pole fishing Ant...to far for me though.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. It does look great doesn't it, cost me a few pennies but the place has got me buzzin'.

ricey - should be "chuby" going by my experience of this canal. Don't know for sure on this stretch, but deffinately a mile or so either direction, looks chuby to me though.

GlennB - to early to say yet, only fished it myself twice so far.

kleinboet - thanks, but just a case of "right place, right time" I think.

Jeepster - yep, you can have a year book. No discounts for celebrities though ya hear. (pm me with your details)

Gray - a fish-in is deffinately on the cards.

Dave - YOU'RE BANNED! :) , let me know when and i'll meet you down there.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

There!! Right there !! At least one fish and probably several. I got first dibs so nobody mess with them until I get a try.

Posted Image

Oops. Forgot that you folks put them back so it's OK. Somebody else can catch them if they want.

[ 02. November 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

lol, only seen that spot for the first time this afternoon when I took the photo's. That's where my bait is going next time i'm there. Can't really see by the photo but the hollow goes back 4 0r 5 ft.

I guess a tad smaller than your waters hey Newt? :D

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I could tell from the photo that it probably went back a ways and I'm assuming the bank in these canals drops off pretty sharply.

From the looks of it, only possible to fish from the side where you took the pic too. That's a good thing, I think.

Indeed, I do fish larger lakes and rivers but smaller ones on occasion as well and this is a great looking stretch of water.

Do you have a good feel yet for the species you have in your section of canal?

And as a thought for you - since you control that section it might be fun to borrow a boat with sonar, a GPS unit, and spend some time mapping bottom details.

[ 02. November 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ant - wheatsmum said she'll pack my lunch so I can urinate off to your water and fish it!

It looks a bit different to the Severn at the moment (water is about 3ft up and going through like an express train!) Let me know when and I'm there - boots 'n all!

:D:D:D:D

[ 02. November 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

What a cracking water you got there Ant. I am just a couple of hours from the canal look forwards for the 1st Ant/Anglersnet Annual Canal Teach In :D:D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/